Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The one and only time she was allowed on the couch, I put her on it and she loved it.

The day before she died, she looked so sick here.

Near the roses, her name sake.

From her 17th birthday party

My favorite photo of her

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
She was beautiful! Did you own her the whole 17 years? We had a pek-a-poo (sp) that we got when I was 3 and she died when I was 18. It was like loosing a sister... :(

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
She was SO pretty! And what a long life she lived..wonderful! I loved the pic of her with a leg thrown over your Pom...too cute!

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
My old boxer Fat Basturd made it to 15...I got him when my daughter was two...Now that I think about it I had him longer than any boyfriend..

e

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She was found wandering the woods at about a year old, bumped around houses but it never worked out
because of her "dog aggression" :roll: . She spent 12 more years living in a kennel, and I adopted her at
15 years old. She lived almost 3 years with me, but she was "mine" for 5 years.

I'm writing a book about her life, but I only have 40 pages written.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thank goodness she was able to live the last part of her life surrounded by love.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That made me sad..........bless her heart. She was beautiful. I'm so glad she spent her last years with someone who loved her.
My mutt spent the first 10 months of her life in a no kill shelter. Then came me....she is 5 years old now and the best dog I have ever owned. (yes, even better than my bully)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's why no kill places suck sometimes, I'd rather her have been put down then live for that long.
But then I wouldn't have met her, and I would have still hated pit bulls.

I love that last pic of her, it really shows what a soulful dog she was.
You looked into her eyes and there would be so much, like she has seen more than she could have seen.

Sorry, I get poetic about her. LOL.

The book I'm writing is based on stories of real events that happened and there is 1 chapter which is fictional,
it's about her puppyhood in a fighting ring. They said that she must have been fought because she had old and new
wounds all over her, so I took it from there and made up what MIGHT have happened because nobody knows (only
she does). I pretty much describe the horrible world that fighting pits have to endure and her mother gets killed for
losing a battle, it's very emotional. I was crying when I wrote it, watched some of my friend Siren's videos for
inspiration and typed without looking back. But so far there's lots of symbolism and such, for example she makes
a pawprint on the walls of her metal cage for everyday she's there and she gets to the point where she can't
fit anymore. And when I come into her life I change her into a large cage and give her a bed and blankets for the
first time she's able to sleep without being in pain and her old cage gets washed and all the pawprints are gone. This
is one of the true stories, she was in a cage that was so small she couldn't sleep stretched out and she had nothing to
lay on for 12 years. :cry:

The whole book is written from her point of view and it pretty much decribes the life of an average shelter dog.

It's really sad, but I'm going to have it published and proceeds go to pit bull rescues.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That sounds really cool... So glad you gave her some love in her life. You ll have to let us know when you get done with the book so we can have a read!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts