Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I'm going to move this to health to help you get more responses :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I dont I know some people on here do. I looked at some royal canin last night but 40 bucks a bag is out my price range. I do here a lot of good about it though.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HausMommy said:
I'm going to move this to health to help you get more responses :)
Thanks! To be honest, I didn't even think to post it here! :oops:
~~~
I asked someone who works at a P Smart about it, but she was a compleate idiot. She couldn't even tell us if they could order disposable doggy diapers large enough to fit Tink :roll:. I eventually found someone else who knew which way was up, and she helped us out with the diapers, but she didn't really know much about the food (no dogs).

I think I have read about the Royal before on a different forum, but of course I can't find the posting on that forum about it. So any ifo that ya'll might be willing to share would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just read the scoring guide up top :oops:

The Royal Canin Bulldog scored a 100... granted, it's not the best out there, but it sure beats the crap she is eating now (science diet :roll: ).
After some poking around, I did manage to find their website, and from there find there American website. :roll: On the website, there is a video about the product, and they showed an EB eating the food, and you could see (camera under a clear bowl) that it was easier for the dog to pick up and chew. I am rather intrugued by the shape of the RC BD. Seems to me like it would make sense.

I think we may try it and see how she does. Like I said, better then the junk they are feeding her now.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah know... Im not really sure!
Here is their site: www.royalcanin.us
I didn't see anything about AB's for this food (the Bulldog 24 formula), but then again, I wasn't really looking :oops:
You could probably email them and ask though.
I do know that they have a Boxer formula, so if the bulldog stuff wont "work" the Boxer one might be ok.

Let me know what you find out though K?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Yah know... Im not really sure!
Here is their site: www.royalcanin.us
I didn't see anything about AB's for this food (the Bulldog 24 formula), but then again, I wasn't really looking :oops:
You could probably email them and ask though.
I do know that they have a Boxer formula, so if the bulldog stuff wont "work" the Boxer one might be ok.

Let me know what you find out though K?
I was searching the website and this is the answer to one of the questions about what to feed a Pit Bull Terrier..
This is a great question and a question that we get a lot of "when will you make a breed specific food for MY dog?" There is always a possibility that it is on the drawing board. So, I never say NEVER. But at the same time, we have non-breed specific formulas that would be great for your dog. Depending on the weight of your dog, you could either go our Medium Adult route or our Large Breed Adult route. Look under our Products category to learn about what all we have available

·
Registered
914 Posts
that is the food i switched Gordy to when he was having skin problem. It is working great so far no problems. He even stoped farting as much. lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
My honest opinion is if the royal canin only scored 100 for as expensive as it is, you can find a better food for cheper.Although 100 isnt a bad score 40 bucks a bag is.I think wellness and dvp might be cheaper and they scored better. I know that Authority Harvest baked is cheaper and better. I guess its what you wanna feed and spend though.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Champ_and_jas said:
My honest opinion is if the royal canin only scored 100 for as expensive as it is, you can find a better food for cheper.Although 100 isnt a bad score 40 bucks a bag is.I think wellness and dvp might be cheaper and they scored better. I know that Authority Harvest baked is cheaper and better. I guess its what you wanna feed and spend though.
The Royal only costs $30 for 30 pounds here. $1 a pound isn't bad!
Wellness is alot more expensive here. Guess it depends on where you are and what the retailer mark-up is.

Brandi- Does Gordy LIKE the food? Does it seem like the shape of the kibble helps him chew it better? Like I said above, I watched the video on the website (not that you can believe everything they tell ya but..), it kinda makes sense. How are Gordy's teeth and breath? Would you recomend this food for an EB from your experiance with it?

·
Registered
807 Posts
SugarBear said:
would it be fit for AB as well? Just curious
Our trainer was telling us about the royal stuff he said that both pits and ab's should do great on the boxer stuff. We have not tried it, we are still trying innova and canidae.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
SugarBear said:
would it be fit for AB as well? Just curious
I'm not sure, I know Kate's mom feeds it to her AB. Personally, I feed Sensible Choice Natural Blendz from Royal Canin which I think cost less than the bulldog stuff and has great stuff in it. Plus, the EB stuff is more for a "non-working dog" and we all know how much energry our ABs have and I just think feeding an AB, EB food wouldn't be the best idea.

·
Registered
914 Posts
he loves it. He hasnt had anyproblem like he was before. He also used to choke on his other food too. I dont know if it has anything to do with it but he dont choke anymore. I dont mean he would choke like he cant breath. but you could tell he wasnt getting it down as well. He hasnt had any problems with this kind of food.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know its been awhile since everyone was talking about Royal Canine, but I just wanted to offer my opinion. Darby, my EB has been on the bulldog formula for however long the giant bag lasts and I can't stand it. I know it says it helps with gas, but I think they were kidding. She has never had worse gas! Darby has no front teeth (abused in her last home) and eats other foods the same as this food. In addition, it does caontain a lot of things that are not good for dogs with possible skin allergies, just a heads up! We are begining to switch her to DVP duck and potatoe formula today. Good luck with the food, I know its a challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.