Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeding my EB, Driver, DVP's Ultra Premium dog food for the past 3 months. I feed him twice a day, 1.5 cups per serving, and he just inhales his food. He obviously loves it. His stools are solid, coat is smooth, and flatulence is not even an issue. I just recently heard of Royal Canine dog food made especially for EBs. I really love DVP, but is the Royal Canine Bulldog formula better for him. I checked the dog food grades, DVP scored 122+ and Royal Canine scored 100+. Is the extra 22 points worth switching to Royal Canine?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Both are excellent foods so unless there is something wrong with the DVP, no need to switch at all.

The only benefit the royal canine has is the shape of the food. allows them to chew becuase the shape is big and kind of like this ~. but sometimes food changes can be harsh for a dog. So like i said above, unless there is something wrong with the DVP then just leave him on it

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree. If you dog is doing good on the DVP, stick with it. I was feeding ours the DVP Ultra also, until about a week ago, and the only reason I switched was because they started getting running stool and that isn't exactly fun to clean off of someone's sidewalk when you are out walking/blading/biking, etc. Their coat was great looking on that stuff though!

I am one week into Nature's Variety and so far so good.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thor said:
I agree. If you dog is doing good on the DVP, stick with it. I was feeding ours the DVP Ultra also, until about a week ago, and the only reason I switched was because they started getting running stool and that isn't exactly fun to clean off of someone's sidewalk when you are out walking/blading/biking, etc. Their coat was great looking on that stuff though!

I am one week into Nature's Variety and so far so good.
LOL I just switched from DVP to Nature's Variety about two weeks ago. My dogs love it. Hopefully we can stick with this one. I am so sick of switching dog foods trying to find one that works well for both the dogs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
maryserratos said:
LOL I just switched from DVP to Nature's Variety about two weeks ago. My dogs love it. Hopefully we can stick with this one. I am so sick of switching dog foods trying to find one that works well for both the dogs.
Good luck! Yea, I like how the Nature's Variety has the different protein sources you can switch from and I have tried their RAW food too and the dogs LOVED that. It was also recommended by our vet, and since he has written a couple of highly-rated books (on Amazon), I guess I will take his word on this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Weeks-Healthy...ef=sr_1_2/104-6886727-9671121?ie=UTF8&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/Allergy-Solut...=pd_bbs_1/104-6886727-9671121?ie=UTF8&s=books

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My dogs were always on Nature's Variety and solid gold foods, if your dog is doing great on such a highly ranked food I wouldn't bother switching. I'm a bit leery of the royal canine breed specific food. I wonder if it's just marketing or whatever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts