Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just have to vent. I put my kids to bed and let sam get all riled up (cause they are in bed - what a joke) and here comes' my 7 yo w/ my 3 yo in tow because she has a poopy diaper. In the mean time Sam wants to play w/ the girls (which I only allow under STRICT supervision and certainly not when she's doing her best impression of Devil Dog). I send the 7 yo packing and Sam is going for Lilly (to play not to eat) and she refuse's to listen when I tell her to 'leave it' which is the command we use for well, leave it. I had to push her back constantly the WHOLE time Lilly was out here and I just found it extreemly annoying as well as slightly stressful as all I can see is everyone of my family looking at me with 'that look' cause my vicious dog bit my kid. :roll: Not that she would, it's just one of those pics that I have a hard time getting out of my head. :cry: Anywho, what would u do? I thought about making her do a down, but I was trying to change a diaper and DH is not home. I'm trying NOT to use the crate as a punishment so I didn't put her there but man it ticked me off she wasn't listening. Kids still aren't alseep dang beasts.... :evil:

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
I would have crated her. Her crate is for times when you need her to be calm or
out of the way. It is not punishment to put her in there for these things. It is for
safety reasons. Every day Clara goes into her crate for something. I just say
crate Clara and she goes in happily. It is her place and she knows it. I do not
yell at her in her crate and I never do anything to her crate with her in it. It is her
little den and she loves it. I would use her crate and keep up with her training.
:D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I myself have a 10 yo , 5 yo and a 2yo and when I go to change his ( the two yo ) diaper Buster is always right there wanting to sniff whats in there or to just sit his big butt on my lap while I am trying to change a diaper.I found that either putting him outside till i am done or crating him works best or I would have a naked baby running around :wink:
Putting him in the crate when he is like that is not using the crate as punishment just making it easier on you and calms the dog down at least until you open up that crate door :D :wink: :lol: During the day when all the kids are up the only time Buster is out of his crate is when I can keep all eyes on him if I cant keep my eyes on him he is in his crate.I make "Buster time" which is when the baby goes down for his nap during the day Buster is out and played with for a good two hours and I don't have to worry about my lil one getting mowed over ( my other two are normally doing there own thing or playing with him during this time ) then at night when all the kids are in bed we play tug or ball or whatever until I am ready for bed so usually an hour or two and no lil ones get mowed over which as happened many a times including to myself.......lol I just found it easier to do it this way and thought I would share with you :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG I'm SOOOO glad to hear that you do that. I also keep Sam crated unless I can be right on top of her when the kids are around due to her rambunctiousness but I felt kinda bad doing it. Now I don't feel so bad, or alone. I feel so relieved.. Thank you for sharing, your day sounds so much like mine!

Sarah

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I agree, Lily is crated unless I have time to supervise her with the kids. My 1y/o is fond of her and gets her real excited everytime they play... :lol: It is ALOT less stressful to just crate her when I am too busy to play. Don't feel bad about it. Just make her crate enjoyable for her! I always have lots of toys and treats for Lil when she is in there. She loves it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts