Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the older members know I had Mater an awesome AmStaff mix who I believe was my heart dog. Well I found out today that he passed away on Christmas Eve. I don't really know the details but I have a strong feeling that it was from neglect. I blame myself because I should have taken Mater and rehomed when my ex and I split because I knew Mater wouldn't receive the care that I was giving him although I never dreamed he would be neglected.

This is so hard because I still have dreams about this dog. He was such a great animal. I'm so sorry Mater. Run free over the rainbow bridge my friend. I miss you!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
So sorry to hear this! I sincerely hope you are wrong about what happened!

RIP Mater.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
OMG Cass!Thats terrbile! I'd beat the crap out of your ex if I was in that position. Did he have any conditions that could lead to death? Poor thing.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Agree with Lisa,

So sorry!
Beautiful dog

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steph - other than his allergies he was a healthy dog. I just can't believe he's gone :(

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Me either! And that's such a short period of time for a dog to get so sick and die.... Is there anyone you can talk to to find out more? Was he PTS or did he pass in his home?

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The person that told me is the only one I can talk to and she doesn't even know what really happened. I don't know if he passed away on his own or if he was PTS. It's just all a huge shock to me and I'm heart broken because I told my ex that if he didn't want or have time for Mater anymore that I would find a good home for him.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about Mater. Unfortunately, it was, and is out of your control. All you can do now is be sad in your heart, and move forward. I don't recommend looking for answers.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I still just can't believe that he's gone. But I know he's in a better place and keeping my loved ones who are missed company.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! He was such a great dog and I miss him so much. I hope that someday I can find another dog that I connect to like I did with him.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
This is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry Cass. On one hand, I wish you knew what happened but at the same time I think that Cinder is right, maybe it's better that you just let it be.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but here goes....
Dylan was my first dog and I called him my "heart dog" for years. He was special to me and I thought I would never have another dog like him. Fast forward to now and I have an even better connection and bond with Gigz. You will find another dog that you connect with, it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Omg! Im so sorry. And i agree Cinder...just try and move on and know he is running wild and free and in perfect health at the bridge with all our other lost pups.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts