Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Rusty to the vets this week. He had a growth on his abdomen right beside his penis, (I can see the guys cringing now :wink: ). They gave him a thorough check up, blood work, aspirated the growth and cleaned his teeth. All was sent off for testing. Got the call last night from the vet himself that all is well with Rusty. Rusty is 11 and half years old and the vet had run a geriatric screen on him for aging dogs. And yea, he also got the 3 year Rabies shot. First time it has been offered here. When he called, he told me that Rusty was in great shape inside and out and that he was surprised what great shape Rusty was in because of his age. The growth was a fatty non-cancerous tumor and he said not to worry about it as it will not create him any problems. Boy was I glad to hear all this good news. Now I can look forward to having my big guy for several more years. :D :D

Pic of Rusty, one of my favorites

Clara and Rusty

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad to hear he's okay. Those fatty tumors can be pretty scary before you're told it's just a fatty tumor.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Great news! Sounds like Rus has some quality years ahead of him. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I did breath easier. I was hoping that was all it was, but until they tell you there is always
the little chance it could be something else. And Karen, just know that he will be around
for a few more years is a gift in itself. He is a strong and stable dog and I am hoping he
will be around for a good 5 more years or so.
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts