Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew at sometime Sadie would get sick enough to have to go back to the vet. Sadie has had breast cancer for 2 years and so far if you didn't see/feel the tumours you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with her. She just had her 13th birthday so she is getting up there and starting to slow down and not be as playfull, but she still takes a round out of Jaz every now and then.

We said we wouldn't bring her in till we knew it was her time to go. The past two days Sadie has been vomiting and has diarrhea. The diarrhea is so bad and because she has not been able to hold it the past couple days she has to wear depends diapers and they have to be changed every 2 hours or more.

She is going to the vet at 4 pm. Hopefully it is not related to the cancer, but from everything I have read it probably is. We are still keeping our fingers crossed and praying that it is something she will be able to overcome.

I am so upset I couldn't even talk to the vets office properly.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Sadie. I hope it's just a stomach virus or something.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh boy :( I hope to god that it has nothing to do with the cancer. I'm praying for both of you

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i'm so sorry Care, i too hope it has nothing to do with the cance or any other illness.

maybe she just ate something bad...

i'm praying for her and your family [-o<

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. The vet doesn't think it's related to the cancer spreading! We are to give her some meds and see if she's better in a couple days. He said eventually the cancer will start to get the better of her, but when it does the vomiting and diarrhea will come on slower. Hopefully that is a long time from now.

Pat and I were so scared for her. We are so happy now.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Wonderful news! I hope the meds kick in and she's feeling better SOON!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Glad to hear the good news! I hope she is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I just saqw this post and was going to say that you guys would be in my thoughts but now I don't have to say that because you gave the good news that it is not the cancer. I'm sure she will feel better really soon. I know how you felt i have been there way to many times.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! :sunny:

She is still pretty bad, but hopefully she'll be getting better tomorrow. Her poor bum area is all red and sore from leakage. I'm constantly cleaning her and put aloe vera gel on her so she doesn't get too raw. :(

Plus side, she hasn't thrown up since this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Sadie, never pleasant when a dog, child, or anyone you care about is sick and miserable. I wish you both more time together in peace, and her a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Poor Sadie! It's so hard when our pets get older and not well. They can't tell us what's wrong or how they're feeling.
I'm glad to know she's on the mend...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts