Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there some fellow NJ'ers out there.

Have any of you taken a trip to Sandy Hook to let your dog play on the beach?

I figured with the warm weather we are having it might be nice to check it out tommorow.

Any tips?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is suppossed to be a great place to take the dogs.

On a side note, since probably only NJ'ers will be looking at this thread.

I saw a flyer for AB pups. If anyone is interested, I can see if I can get the contact info.

I am going to check out Sandy Hook tomorrow, Ill report back.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Cool. Maybe I'll take Legend. It's going to be hard keeping him out of the water though! I'm not trying to have to go in and get him! LOL

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, been there lots of times, it is the closest beach to our house. We had great plans for my 30th birthday back at the end of March. Picnic on the beach, let Zoe have her first experience with the ocean, maybe do a little fishing. It was so windy and cold, we had to pack up early. Was still fun, though. Zoe had a great time in the sand. she was so small then...bet she would really like it now!

Have a great time, let us know how it goes! How is Janie doing?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey!

The weather looks good today so it looks like it is worth the drive.

Directions say exit 117, to rt 36 and follow straight into park? And then what? We can just get out on the beach??

·
Registered
886 Posts
There are lots of those brown signs for Sandy Hook (since it is a state park). If you follow them you will be fine. They lead you right to a guard staton (have to pay in the summer) and then there will be a beach on one side and the bay on the other. Have fun and take some photo's to show us!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys no pics. I brought my camera, and when we got there, the batteries died! We are terrible parents!

Anyway, it was great! HUGE wide beach and Janie loved it. With this warm weather we are having in NJ, if you guys live even remotley close, take the trip.

Plus, running on the sand really wore her out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts