Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally have pics of Satchmo's brother! His name is Jaxson. He and Mo were found in Tuscon as strays this past summer. Jaxson was in bad shape. His ears had been cut off with scissors, he has a destroyed growth plate in his front leg. I have no idea what that is, but they suspect it was caused by being hit by a car, or severe abuse. He has had a lot of trouble walking. He had kennell cough and valley fever. The couple that rescued them both has kept him and has been trying to nurse him back to health from day one. She said his infections have cleared up and is scheduled for surgery on the leg this month. She when they got him he wouldn't play and had a vacant look in his eyes. Now he acts like a puppy and plays and limps all over the place.

I think they are true brothers. I can see a lot of Mo in him. The legs and shape of the feet, the face and eyes, and of course the pout.

We are gonna try and set up a meeting so they can play.

He is handsome isn't he?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Holy moly, he is a good looking dog!!!! I definately see the resemblence! Bless those people and you for rescuing two wonderful bullies :) *hugs*

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have really gone out of their way to help Jaxon. His infection was really bad and with the leg injury they were faced with possibly putting him down. From what I understand, they took him to the vet frequently for blood work to monitor his progress. Luckily he has gotten over the infections, emotional issues, and with luck will have his leg fixed.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What a doll! I can see the resemblance, even though they're totally opposite in their coloring!

I'll be picking up my new dog in St. Louis either at the end of February or the beginning of March. We should plan a little meet up! :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow. What a sad story. That poor little guy has gone through a lot. :( But I'm glad it has a happy ending and he's found such a great home... just like 'Mo did. :) God bless you both!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.