Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my letter to the club, thanks for telling me how to find one btw. But what do you think? Is there anything else that I should be asking up front so as not to waste my time? I feel like a total idiot when it comes to this stuff,well, I kinda am :lol: . Also, here is the website let me know your honest opinions good or bad, I do not want to create a monster nor do I want to trust anyone with Tora that is not a capable hand.
http://www.gasaonline.com/
http://www.southmetroatlanta.com/

To whom it may concern,
I am new to Schutzhund but I am interested in it. I have an American Bulldog puppy that when she age appropriate I would like to work. I live in Roswell GA and I would like to come check out your club. Have you trained an AB in Schutzhund in the past? Tora (my AB) is only 5 months old when do you suggest that I beginning training with you immediately or once she is older? Also, what time does your Saturday class begin? Thank you for your time, Angie

Edited bc I am just going to cut and copy after I learn a lot more :oops:

·
Registered
790 Posts
schutzhund is NOT personal protection.

It will not create mean dogs.

learn about the sport before you write to this guy.

Are you prepared for endless hours of tracking and Obedience obedience??? if not, don't waste this guy's time.

There are a billion websites on sch. Learn first and you can talk to the trainer.

Go and see the dogs. Ask him what it takes. prey prey prey and a touch of defence. :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or ....... she can go straight. Tell them that she has a 5 month old AB that she would like their opinion on if she would be good for the sport, and that although she's heard about Sch. she's totally new to it and would like to learn.

I do believe that most important thing about the club is to make sure it's DVG club and not a USA one. Reason being is that DVG is an "all breed" organization while USA is geared more toward GSD. Here's their link: http://www.dvgamerica.com/

Hope this helps, happy training.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Ya, you could just call them, and ask if you could come down and watch all of them work one afternoon. Just tell them you are really interested and want to know more.

I wouldn't email them though, they may just blow you off.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again you all. I will call them and I will look more into it .. I am eager to learn,lol, it is Tora that we will see about.. She is a very smart and good dog but I am her mother so I am interested to see what someone else has to say about her....I am obviously very green so it is all new to me, I am sure that I will get kicked around a bit but that is okay..If you can dish it out I can take it, is my attitude....Anyways thanks again for your help, I am sure that I will have a ton of new questions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.