Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to the differences between SAR tracking and Schutzhund tracking training. Does anyone know? I have always been interested in SAR and the club I am going to trains for that also. It isnt something I am going to get involved in now, there is much other training to do, but maybe eventually.

Thanks,

Thom

·
Registered
120 Posts
kogeki said:
I was curious as to the differences between SAR tracking and Schutzhund tracking training. Does anyone know? I have always been interested in SAR and the club I am going to trains for that also. It isnt something I am going to get involved in now, there is much other training to do, but maybe eventually.

Thanks,

Thom
Hey - did you end up with the Absolute K-9 or somewhere else?

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Schutzhund tracking is footstep to footstep tracking. The dog is required to track with a DEEP nose...meaning the dog should have his nose down to the ground the whole time, concentrating on the scent on the disturbed ground. As far as I know (and I have no experience with this) but I believe SAR is more air scenting. I belive it would take an entirely different approach in training these 2 styles of tracking. I could probably answer your questions regarding SCH tracking but maybe do a google search on the SAR stuff? I can't really help you there but I do know its totally different than SCH tracking.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lisa said:
Schutzhund tracking is footstep to footstep tracking. The dog is required to track with a DEEP nose...meaning the dog should have his nose down to the ground the whole time, concentrating on the scent on the disturbed ground. As far as I know (and I have no experience with this) but I believe SAR is more air scenting. I belive it would take an entirely different approach in training these 2 styles of tracking. I could probably answer your questions regarding SCH tracking but maybe do a google search on the SAR stuff? I can't really help you there but I do know its totally different than SCH tracking.
Yeah, I read a bit about SAR tracking and it requires both. Tracking and Searching (air scenting). I was just curious as what the main difference was between training for the two types of tracking, if there any.

http://www.islandnet.com/sarbc/sarbc/dtrn.html

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chynasmom said:
kogeki said:

Thanks,

Thom
Hey - did you end up with the Absolute K-9 or somewhere else?
We went to Upper Bucks Working Dogs. It was more of a club atmosphere and more of what we were looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.