Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Wow! He looks amazing considering the sad state he was in when you saved him!! It makes me teary eyed every time you post new pics of him. Great job!! :D

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Kasco said:
Wow! He looks amazing considering the sad state he was in when you saved him!! It makes me teary eyed every time you post new pics of him. Great job!! :D
Me too! It's amazing how far he's come with your love and attention. He's a lucky, special boy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is a joy! Really we are very lucky to have such a great dog. We are still fighting the Demodex. He just completed a 14 day round of antibiotics. We are still on the ester C, fish oil, neem and an immunity herb along with an anti itch medication. We are having issues trying to rid him of that.
I quit bathing him......didnt do it for a month because the vet said his skin needed a break, but I had to break down today and do it.......he was so stinky!
I have his Revolution and am going to apply it today.....
Is there anything else anyone can think of?

belly/neck/face/back/legs/head are all affected at this point

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Usually, Demodex doesn't stink unless there's bad secondary infection. Scarcoptic is really stinky, though, and very itchy, and that's what it sounds like to me. If that's the case, you could give an ivermectin injection (not at the same time as the revolution, though - same drug I think). You can order Ivermectin online, and if you would like, I can find out the dosage for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.