Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any tips for getting Harley over her seperation anxiety? She does well in her crate, doesn't complain or bark excessively. If I have her in the car, she will wait patiently for me to come out of the store (she seems very happy just to have been invited for the ride.) However, I have 8 ft. high privacy fence around my backyard, and I can't leave her there for long, and NO WAY can she stay in the house unsupervised. She gets so anxious she destroys everything in her path. The other day, I left her alone in the yard for one hour while I went to the gym. In one hour she ate 2 resin-type chairs, my garden statue, and un-planted my new flowers. She has chewed the garden hose multiple times, and the damage inside the house, well, you all own Bullies, you can just imagine :roll: . Short of un-hooking my hose everyday, having a yard devoid of any and all ornamentation, and keeping her crated for life, is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harley's somewhere between 12-18 months. I got her from a kennel in December, so don't know exactly. Several experienced dog people have placed her in this age category. (She has gained 20lbs. since December, so maybe she's on the younger side) I believe it has to do with seperation b/c if I'm home, she won't do it. She's "afraid?" of the basement steps, and won't go down them. I can be down there for more than an hour, and she's fine. Same with the yard. However, if she hears my car leave, she gets destructive. No matter how long I'm gone. I have tried using baby gates to contain her, and the bugger knocks them out of the way :roll:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I see. Thank you for the explanation. Fortunately I have never dealt with this type of dog, so I don't have much to offer except maybe to keep her crated when you are gone. My female is 17 months and is still destructive all the time so she still has to spend quite a bit of her time in the crate. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.