Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took India for a walk today (first day back from our mini vacation) and when she squatted to potty i thought she was pooping. then by looking at her squat i knew she was just peeing but all i could see is something that looked like diarrhea :shock: so i looked a little closer and she was definitely NOT pooping.

the liquid that came out of her pee hole was a very dark brown almost black in color. she wasn't in any pain, etc. and she hasn't peed since.

what could this be? could it be a UTI?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i will be taking her soon.... poor girl....

i've been trying to catch her pee so i could re-examine myself, but she never went again..... and this morning she had already peed by the time i got downstairs so i didn't see....

it's so sad when our kids are sick.....

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
a few months ago Clutch had a bad UTI...never knew it though...until one day he pees outside and it was a dark brown rusty color. It was blood in is pee...vet said that this normally concerns him but clutch was in such good shape it wasnt affecting him that much. He got put on pots of meds.

Take her to the vet ASAP...my vet said that alot of blood in the pee could mean the UTI has spread to the kidneys which is not good. And requires lots of medical attention. The meds worked great for Clutch but he warned us that if this didnt help he would need a lot more meds and even a short stay in the clinic. I hope you get this taken care of quickly and its just a bad UTI!

·
Registered
175 Posts
snarky said:
i took India for a walk today (first day back from our mini vacation) and when she squatted to potty i thought she was pooping. then by looking at her squat i knew she was just peeing but all i could see is something that looked like diarrhea :shock: so i looked a little closer and she was definitely NOT pooping.

the liquid that came out of her pee hole was a very dark brown almost black in color. she wasn't in any pain, etc. and she hasn't peed since.

Is she spayed?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kismet said:
snarky said:

Is she spayed?
yes

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
It could also be a kidney infection. I had a bad one when I was in high school and the same thing happened. It was the worste pain I've ever felt. I couldn't even get out of bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts