Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when you think you have got it down pat, and everything is going smooth, it gets jinxed! I mean, I just gave another advice about housebreaking, and here I go, downhill with Cato! Can someone help?

(*And, before I start, his submissive peeing has stopped totally..........uh oh, prolly jinxed that too!!!)
I am at a loss.
Cato, along with the other 2 pups have been housebroke for weeks now. Then, this past Saturday, he had an accidentin his cage. No biggy. He has no more accidents in the house, as he goes out and pottys all day when we let him. He is on a schedule. Then, Sunday, accident again over night. Still, no biggy. Monday night, hubby let him out alittle later. The usualt schedule was in the evening,they went up at 10pm, were let out again at 12pm, then he would cry and get let oput again at 2am, then he would cry again at 6am.He would go out, and again at 7am, he would stay out until 830am, go potty, then get crated until noon, then again until I get home at 3pm.

NOW~Every night, he has not only peed, but also poo'd in his crate between the hours of either midnight and 2am, or 2am and 6 am. No crying, no yelping, nothing.
At first I thought maybe he was peeing in his sleep, but for 3 nights he also poo'd, and he is not doing that in his sleep!
Last night, we set an alarm for 330am, between 2 and 330am, he already peed, and between 330am and 6 am, he poo'd.
What has happened? No crying, nothing! Poor baby, I dont understand. He gets fed at 4pm, so that should be ok, enough time to poo a hundred times after dinner before bed time, and water goes up at 7pm.
Im confused, but I also feel that getting up every single hour may just spoil him and he will never pearn to hold it.
He holds it longer during the day then he does at night in his crate. I have gone to the races and he has held it 5 and 6 hours. He is 45 lbs, and very well a big boy, you would think his bladder is grown enough to go 3 or 4 hours.
The other dogs are very little compared, and hold it.

Any advice, please, would be MOST appreciated right about now.
I just feel so much pity for him, bathing every single day, bleaching the kennel, you can look at him and tell he doesnt mean it.
Do I maybe need to get a very small kennel? Dont forget, he was the BABY that would lay in the pee and poo when he was little. All the pups would go potty on one side of the pen, and lay on the other, but not him, he'd be by himself in the mess!!! Like it doesnt bother him

·
Registered
103 Posts
How old is cato? Peebles and Bam Bam are having trouble to. They can hold it all night and all day but in the evening sometimes Bam Bam will just be sitting there and start pee'ing (no standing up or nothing) like he doesn't even relize it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Could he possibly have a UTI? I know the vet kept insisting to me years ago that they don't also poo when they pee when they have a UTI. But my kitty proved him wrong. She's had a very bad UTI with blood in it.

I don't know. It just seems funny he's waking you up alot to go. Could be.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
17 weeks.

They were doing so wonderful. I thought they were completly housebroke.
At first I thought Cato was peeing in his sleep, I can live with that, but not pooing!!!

I just feel so bad. I dunno!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts