Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chief doesnt have a aggressive problem but there is one dog in our neighborhood that he just doesnt get along with like to day (this isnt the first time with chief and this other dog doing this) lauren and i and ginger and this beagle came up to the porch and chief and the beagle and ginger are playing they're having a great time and her comes this older dog yellow lab and he is comming up slowly and he makes his way to the steps and chief doesnt notice him at first, but then he sees him and chief is wagging his tail ,but the other dog had his tail completely straight up and stiff and i dont know if that was a challenger or the two caught eyes but chief launches himself at the dog and there brawling showing teeth and all but as soon as i yelled no chief stopped and the other dog ran down the street (now a month or so ago i was walking my dogs had them on the leash and there is a neighbor that has a shepperd mixed with pyreness i think thats how you spell it and they love to play and here comes that dog i believe he lives next to that dog and he comes up and there visiting and seconds later he goes after chief and i break it up chief plays with the other dogs like nothing happened and then when we left and we were at the end of the garage they were fine sniffing each other) 2 wks ago they were running in my yard playing great no problems at all can someone please tell what is wrong with these dogs LOL

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
BRQZ33 said:
my dog isnt loose in the neighborhood i always have my dog leashed its the other dog
Is your yard not fenced that you can keep other dogs out? If not I'd bring my dog inside when the other dog shows up. If it is a pit bull, I'd not even risk it playing with other people's dogs.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
msvette2u said:
BRQZ33 said:
my dog isnt loose in the neighborhood i always have my dog leashed its the other dog
Is your yard not fenced that you can keep other dogs out? If not I'd bring my dog inside when the other dog shows up. If it is a pit bull, I'd not even risk it playing with other people's dogs.
I have 2 APBT's they are allowed to play with other dogs (Playdates) CLOSELY SUPERVISED. I dont see why everyone thinks APBT's shouldnt be near other dogs.

BRQZ33- I would defintely keep the dogs that your dog doesnt get along with away from Chief. There are just some dogs that just dont get along with certain dogs.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Um, it's mostly because he admitted to his dog and other dog(s?) not getting along. If the yard is not fenced this could be a recipe for disaster, and another "case" for BSL. You know as well as I do that if the other dog gets "beat up" by a pit bull, the pit bull will be faulted no matter who started it or what the circumstances. :(

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
msvette2u said:
Um, it's mostly because he admitted to his dog and other dog(s?) not getting along. If the yard is not fenced this could be a recipe for disaster, and another "case" for BSL. You know as well as I do that if the other dog gets "beat up" by a pit bull, the pit bull will be faulted no matter who started it or what the circumstances. :(
Alot of dogs have instant dislikes to other dogs. My neighbors AB and another neighbors Boxer both very friendly toward other dogs absolutely HATE each other. They don't keep there dogs away from other dogs!......N/M..

Do you know why your neighbors are letting their dogs run free like that BRQZ33?

·
Registered
182 Posts
keep them away from each other..if the other dog comes over take yours inside.
I have a female mastiff and female bulldog who started out with minor squabbles...it has progressed to all out war. They can not even be in crates next to each other.
Before there is an all out fight between the 2 dogs stop them from being together, ever.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know why your neighbors are letting their dogs run fr

i live out in the country and yes i have part of my yard fenced but when im outside working on the front yard i tie chief up on the porch but his lead is long enough for him to go about five feet away from the side walk and road and i notice that alot of my neighbors let there dog out at night but there with them and this dog is always alone and his nice but just something about those too like last night i got home and i let chief and ginger out and i take them across the street and there is this field a old school that is shut down and i let them run and they play together but my actual neighbor her dogs got out and there was a black female dog that was with her and she is another neighbors dog and she gets out by jumping the fence and she was really aggressive to chief but he took it like they were playing i dont know if he remembers our little disccusion about playing nice but i was really proud about the way he handled it , but the ladys dogs end up comming back home and there both males and chief and her dogs were sniffing and waging each others tail playing but i think because they look at each other through there fences everyday ... but i make sure i dont ever have my apbt out of a arms reach ..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
legendsmami

i love the honey color of legend coat it reminds me of 2 pitbulls i knew in my life one was one named king and the other was named honey(which honey was the one that made me think about owning a pitbull and she didnt live that long about 6 months she died in my arms) :cry: but i also love your other baby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.