Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 yr old English bully and she has always been in good health. Starting about week ago I noticed on about 4 different occasions now she will be sitting or lying down resting and her body starts to shake uncontrollably. The first few times were almost unoticeable but tonight she was shaking pretty good (reminds me of old person when their hands or heads shake) When I pet her it slows somewhat but then would get worse again when I stopped. I had her get up and walk - she had no problem- but her head still shook. It only lasts maybe 2-5 minutes at a time. Anyone have any idea what it might be or what is causing it?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would take her to the vet. It sounds like a seizure to me. When my dog would walk around sometimes just her head would shake. You should start to write everything down that your dog does. I mean everything. What did she eat (including things outside or treats), was she sleeping, was she under stress (visitors, moving, sick, etc...). Even thing like did she go in the basement or to a new place, even the seasons. Just keep a daily diary of everything she does, if it is seizures you may start to notice a pattern.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was going to say the same thing as Care. I would defiantly take a trip to the vet. If it is seizures, there is medication for them!! My husband's dog took seizure meds for several years. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
My sister had a dog that had seizures and this is exactly what it sounds like.
I would get your dog to the vet ASAP and record how long the shaking last for and when it started.
Document everything because they will need all that information.
This can be deadly if not treated.
Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts