Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a canine pregnancy calender. It seems as though Dixie is almost farther along then she is actually. She is showing, her teats are huge and she looks swollen. She is "nesting" in her cage all the time(weird for little mrs socialite). Could this be because it is her first litter???

·
Registered
720 Posts
She will start laying in the place she plans on having the puppies more and more, when she is getting real close she might not eat as much either! When she is getting ready to have them she will start panting alot like its summer time...make sure she has a kinda dark place for them like a closet or something where she feels safe!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 days, she's is bigger then a house!

She got a bath tonite. She is very thirsty. Always drinking water. I hope they dont come too soon.

I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Track her temperature. Her temp will drop a degree or two within a few (24-48 hours) hours of delivery, I believe. But I am not an expert as all of my dogs have been speutered.
That's absolutely right!!!
Swollen teats, nesting, swollen vagina, some females stop to eat the last couple of hours.
Some females don't go for 64 days, I have had a female she got her puppys after 57 days.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did the pups survive at 57 days? I was afraid because I heard on day 58 they most likly will not survive, but on day 60, they can. I will start tracking her temp Saturday, it is hard because as of this moment, she is huge, nesting, her vagina is HUGE()beyond huge, they'll come out and she wont feel a thing!!() She has found "her place". The only sign I havent seen is the milk. It is not coming out yet,. But she can literally STEP on her boobies when walking!This girl is a house for only 5 or 6 puppies!

As for me, the docs think they have gotten it all(yeah) and after a few treatments, will be declared healthy! Dont think Ill even lose my hair! Dix and I are taking out a new lease on life, exercising, healthy eatinh. Dont realize it till it happens, but I wish I was healthier before going into this mess.

Anyway, Ill keep ya informed.

My biggest fear is a still born. Any advice beside stimulation and a nose.throat sucker??

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
This sounds horrible, but it's not. If you have one that is not breathing and stimulation doesn't work, take the pup in both hands, head down, and gently swing him downward between your legs a few times. It's hard to explain. This should help to empty the fluid from the lungs.

You still can't get milk from the nipples? Even if you squeeze?

·
Registered
297 Posts
sajoseph said:
Did the pups survive at 57 days? I was afraid because I heard on day 58 they most likly will not survive, but on day 60, they can. I will start tracking her temp Saturday, it is hard because as of this moment, she is huge, nesting, her vagina is HUGE()beyond huge, they'll come out and she wont feel a thing!!() She has found "her place". The only sign I havent seen is the milk. It is not coming out yet,. But she can literally STEP on her boobies when walking!This girl is a house for only 5 or 6 puppies!

As for me, the docs think they have gotten it all(yeah) and after a few treatments, will be declared healthy! Dont think Ill even lose my hair! Dix and I are taking out a new lease on life, exercising, healthy eatinh. Dont realize it till it happens, but I wish I was healthier before going into this mess.

Anyway, Ill keep ya informed.

My biggest fear is a still born. Any advice beside stimulation and a nose.throat sucker??
Yes they (10 puppies) survive at 57 days

The milk will come when she has labours (I don't know in engl. I hope it is the right word) Good moms don't waste milk before the puppies on the ground.

Please the most important thing is, you have to calm down!!! When you are so afraight your female will be afraight, she needs everything but nerous people around her!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You doing alright Angela? Your baby just about ready?? I guess we can pull this off!!

Thanks for your advice everyone. Gonna sit and pass the time making jewelry. Maybe Ill make something nice for Dixie!

I bought a disposable digital camera because my real camera isnt working,soI got "fat momma" pics and will save the rest for the pups. I will let everyone know when "that time" arrives.

Thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts