Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her!! And believe me it was tempting not to take her sister too... I hated to separate them, but someone was on their way to see the sister, so hopefully she gets adopted too. Unfortunately 3 of her sisters were stolen from the rescue last night. Probably went back to their original owners who wanted to breed/fight them.

She is very timid and shy right now, but she was just spayed yesterday (they didn't give her pain medicine) so I don't think she's feeling very well. Plus she had her first set of shots. She looks sickly. Her belly is bloated and swollen from the spaying, and they used real stitches, not the dissolvable ones, so I will have to take them out in about 10 days.

I couldn't believe how much smaller she is in person. She is 9 weeks old, kinda bony. Her hip bones, spine, and ribs are showing. She's very dirty and stinky right now (I can't believe the vet didn't clean her first). I can't bathe her real well till the stitches are out.

I tried to introduce Koa to her first, and he did okay... he raised his hackles, so I kept a tight grip on the leash. He was licking her face, but she started to get really afraid of how he was cornering her, so she growled, and I called it quits. Then he kept jumping on me as I was holding her, and I got nervous. I am not going to try again until tomorrow. I showed Heaven, and she seemed interested, but too hyper for the baby who is not feeling well. I'm just going to wait on this until she's feeling better.

So without further adieu... Meet "Nala." (That name just suited her so well once I saw her.)













 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,754 Posts
She is beautiful!!! Is that dirt on the top of her head or markings?? Its kinda cute!! Little brown spots!! I hope she feels better soon!! Im sure your love and attention will help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's dirt, LOL.. she is very dirty. I will get her cleaned up soon, but I have to be getting to work, and I am taking her to a sitter.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
bodazafa said:
She is beautiful!!! Is that dirt on the top of her head or markings?? Its kinda cute!! Little brown spots!! I hope she feels better soon!! Im sure your love and attention will help!
hair coloring. She's already starting :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
She's adorable! For some reason I remember Koa's mom's name as being Nala, too. Is that right?
Holy crap, you're right. And I never even thought of that. Koa's mom didn't look like a Nala though! This lil girl looks like a Nala!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
She's adorable! For some reason I remember Koa's mom's name as being Nala, too. Is that right?
Holy crap, you're right. And I never even thought of that. Koa's mom didn't look like a Nala though! This lil girl looks like a Nala!
She sure does! As soon as I saw her that's the name that came to mind. My best friend used to have an Akita named Nala, and she looked & acted just like a lion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
threebulls said:
She's cute.

Best of luck with the three bullies. I wish mine got along.
Thanks, I'm going to need it... But I will make it work, I don't give up that easily! If we can't work WITH them, we'll work around them.

Thanks everyone... she is doing fine. Chewing on my Glamour magazine as I type. Off to the sitter's, and I am going to work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Sleeping pitty puppy pics are the best!! Trina, she's gorgeous!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
AWE, she is doll baby.I am in love with that coloring.She looks so sad,poor baby.I hope she feels better fast.
Please keep us updated on how the introduction goes and all.I am keeping my fingers crossed it all works out for you.
Wish I lived closer so i could puppy sit for ya..........LOL
What does your son think of the pup? Is he excited as well?
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
threebulls said:
She's cute.

Best of luck with the three bullies. I wish mine got along.
Thanks, I'm going to need it... But I will make it work, I don't give up that easily! If we can't work WITH them, we'll work around them.

Thanks everyone... she is doing fine. Chewing on my Glamour magazine as I type. Off to the sitter's, and I am going to work!
She's adorable. It can work, just be sure they all see you as the alpha and make them listen accordingly...nevermind. You can worry about that later. Great acquisition!

~S
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top