Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a shock collar on maddie. I know some dont agree with this but maddie was to the point it was put her down or try this so I dont feel there was a choice.Maddie had began to want to be pack leader and would growl at me I never once backed down from her though.I went back to basic training with her. I used the shock collar when she would go after other dogs.I hated using the shock collar. But i can tell you maddie doesnt go in to attack mode when she sees another dog.And she hasnt growled at me in weeks.I know i did not like the thoughts of using this colar but it worked.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Don't over use it, it can make dog agressive. You should try establish alpha role agin, you wont get that with a shock collar, it could make the suti worse.

Roxy is very dominant, I'm forever restablishing my role!

Have you had her spayed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maddie has been spayed since she was 3mo. old. I have only had to shock maddie about 7 or 8 times in the last 2 mo. I am constantly having to establish with maddie who the pack leader is. The shock collar was for her aggression towards other dogs. Now when we see a dog i give her a command if she ignores it i still dont shock her until she tries to take after it. I feel that it has helped.Maybe it would not work on some dogs and only make them worse. I dont feel a shock collar is the answer for obiedience training. But it has helped me control her when a strange dog is around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts