Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Should I neuter?

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tallen79 
#1 ·
Hello. It has been a while since I was last on here....our little EB pup seems to have consumed our lives...haha. Loki is now 5 months old and doing really well! He brings us so much laughter and fun...can't imagine life without him. My husband and I are wondering what your thoughts are on neutering. We don't want to breed and we are very happy with his temperment and personality right now. He is house-trained and doesn't lift his leg or hump yet. When does this usually happen?

I was also wondering if any of your EB pups had small red bumps on their legs. He doesn't scratch them or bite them, but there are quite a few. The vet gave us two rounds of antibiotics because he thought it might be a bacterial skin infection, but they did nothing. We decided to see what would happen if we left them alone and they did go away a bit, but there are still about 5-10 on each leg and a few on his belly. Could it be an allergy to a plant?

I appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks!

Tara

See less See more
#4 ·
His personality will change when he hits puberty (7 - 9 months old )
if he is not neutered. Right now he is still a pup like an eleven year old is still a
kid and not a teenager. Come puberty, I am sure you will want him neutered.
I have also been told a dog stays healthier if he is nuetered.

#7 ·
Thanks!

You have confirmed our decision...along with some intenet research. We will schedule him an appointment for the surgery in about a month or so. Thanks again! One more question....when can EB's go up and down stairs? I heard it can cause joint problems if it is too early.

#8 ·
Re: Thanks!

tallen79 said:
You have confirmed our decision...along with some intenet research. We will schedule him an appointment for the surgery in about a month or so. Thanks again! One more question....when can EB's go up and down stairs? I heard it can cause joint problems if it is too early.
If you do not get a response to this, repost this question under a new thread
with that heading. Wished I could help, but do not have an EB.

#11 ·
You can prevent BPH with neutering, too, benign protate hypertrophy, in which the prostate enlarges and can cause bladder and urinary infections. Now is a great time to neuter - if his hormones kick in he might start lifing his leg around the house, and you DO NOT want that!

#12 ·
Orson gets red bumps on his under side too!
Used to get them more when he was a puppy, but still occationally
gets them on his belly and inside legs.
they dont itch and they go away eventually, so i dont worry about them.
Just something bullies get!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.