Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were gonna trade hubby's paid off Saturn Ion in for a used Mini, but
those cost $22-$24,000.
Now we found a '97 Porche Boxter AND a '02 Audi TT Roadster and we can get BOTH for $18,000 with our trade-in. Dealer is making a better deal if we get both.
Hubby has always wanted a Porche!!

SHOULD WE?? 8) 2 cars for the price of one!

here's the links to slideshow of both cars (these are the actual cars for sale)

http://www.dealercarsearch.com/allphotos.aspx?dealer=601&id=120516&bgColor=000000

http://www.dealercarsearch.com/allphotos.aspx?dealer=601&id=92137&bgColor=000000

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Dude that Audi has NO miles on it! How awesome! My friggin car is an '06 and I've already beat 65k into it!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The boxter is a chic car. 8)

Plus the boxter is 11 years old. :?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I can tell you experience, fixing either the Porsche or Audi will be $$$, no only is it expensive just finding somebody competent enough is a task in itself. Just take that into consideration. I recently did some repairs on a TT a few months ago and the cost was three times what it should have cost, just because of the name. Kind of like Harley Davidson vs Honda.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Of course repairs are going to be more expensive. Don't let that persuade you.

You gotta pay to play! Think about when your 85 years old, can't drive, can barely walk.. you're going to wish to damn to bought that Porsche, and drove it straight into the ground.

Do it!

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cinder said:
Meh, if you want a Cooper, then why settle for the crap they are swinging in front of your nose?
because Matt will still get a porche, what kind of payments do we want?
$18,000 (porche/audi) or $30,000 (porche/mini).
it's gonna be hard to talk Matt outta getting a porche for so cheap, it's been a life long dream of his to own one.

plus no one is swinging anything in front of our nose, we found both those cars last week and i've still not found a mini that i want.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
Cinder said:
Meh, if you want a Cooper, then why settle for the crap they are swinging in front of your nose?
because Matt will still get a porche, what kind of payments do we want?
$18,000 (porche/audi) or $30,000 (porche/mini).
it's gonna be hard to talk Matt outta getting a porche for so cheap, it's been a life long dream of his to own one.

plus no one is swinging anything in front of our nose, we found both those cars last week and i've still not found a mini that i want.

Just be smart.

I know you will.

Have fun!

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know, i am concerned about the repair prices. :?
but i test drove the Audi and this is what i have to say about it.....
"WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!".

(i had a mazda miata from 1989 to 2001, and i miss having a little convertible)

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
i know, i am concerned about the repair prices. :?
but i test drove the Audi and this is what i have to say about it.....
"WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!".

(i had a mazda miata from 1989 to 2001, and i miss having a little convertible)

Well, another way you can think about it is that you'll save x amount of money, which can be put towards maintenance.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Audra's mom has a Porsche just like that one. Last time we were up there she let me drive it when me and Audra went to lunch one day. That thing is FUN we just going around town barely getting out of 2nd gear, I told Audra "I have to take this thing on the highway" I reached 70 mph before we got off the on ramp and hit 125 before Audra was screaming for me to slow down. :lol:

I guess what I'm trying to say is get the Porsche but be careful :wink:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Anything import means insurance and maintenance are higher, sports car means insurance is higher still - and porsche boxster maintenance is literally the worst because it is impossible to DIY any maintenance on that car. I don't know much about the TT's, but Audi's rep has come up substantially (so long as it isn't a 01-04 A4). My pops has had two boxsters - loved the first one and traded it up for the spyder edition and still uses that as his daily driver; they also have an 08 911 (although that isn't technically the designation anymore) and an 06 Chayenne S. The only maintenance issues he ever had was with an 05 911 he had that burned through tires like nothing else (just from normal driving) - otherwise, the porsches have been far more reliable than motortrend would lead you to believe.

If you can pick them up for that much and have a porsche mechanic around that you trust I would say go for it.

Wait, one thing - check the year on the boxster - it was either the first or second year they made them there was a massive series of engine recalls for radiator fluid leaking into the cylinders walls - just make sure it either wasn't in that class of boxsters or it got the recall and the engine swapped out.

While my dream sports car is one of the new Dodge Challenger SRT-8's, I do love Porsche's and Audi - you just have to appreciate their heritage and excellence

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
anthony said:
Porsche repairs = $$$$$$$$$$$

just sayin.
yeah, that is something to think about.
how are Audi and Mini Cooper repairs?? they costly too?

from what i was told. mini's are an accident waiting to happen. I was looking at them and my father told me abs. not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts