Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
Bella Girl said:
OrsonDogge said:
anthony said:
Porsche repairs = $$$$$$$$$$$

just sayin.
yeah, that is something to think about.
how are Audi and Mini Cooper repairs?? they costly too?

from what i was told. mini's are an accident waiting to happen. I was looking at them and my father told me abs. not.
My mom's had two - she got the third one they imported actually and loved it. My dad surprised her for their anniversary a few years back with the Monte Carlo edition and she still loves that one too. Mechanically the cars were/are both great. And with the Cooper works package they are pretty zippy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
i believe the mini S recently changed from a supercharger to a turbo. i was really considering getting the new turbo model but for nearly $10k less i was able to get my car, which also has a turbo. :)

go test drive a mazdaspeed 3. it's named the most fun car to drive under $25k!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Both lovely cars. My friend bought his GF a boxster (he's filthy rich) the oil changes cost $400. :shock:

I'm sure the audi repairs are going to be costly as well. I just thank goodness that ours is still under warranty (free maintenance for 5 years).

That's a heck of a deal tho, and I'm a sucker for a cute little fast car :cool: I'd be hard pressed to walk away from that deal.

Have you thought of doing a quick carfax check on the VIN numbers? See if anything pops up unexpectedly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
jinxxycat said:
Both lovely cars. My friend bought his GF a boxster (he's filthy rich) the oil changes cost $400. :shock:

I'm sure the audi repairs are going to be costly as well. I just thank goodness that ours is still under warranty (free maintenance for 5 years).

That's a heck of a deal tho, and I'm a sucker for a cute little fast car :cool: I'd be hard pressed to walk away from that deal.

Have you thought of doing a quick carfax check on the VIN numbers? See if anything pops up unexpectedly?
yes, we are going to request a carfax. I guess i should call whoever around here works on Porche and get estimates on stuff like oil changes.
Good idea!!!

ahem, i would rather just have the Audi, but his heart is set on a Porche. Plus he's be driving my audi everyday since his work is a 25 min. drive and mine is 10 minutes. I'd be stuck with the gas guzzling 4-runner. that's why i say let him get his own sports car, to stay outta mine. :wink: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
jinxxycat said:
Both lovely cars. My friend bought his GF a boxster (he's filthy rich) the oil changes cost $400. :shock:

I'm sure the audi repairs are going to be costly as well. I just thank goodness that ours is still under warranty (free maintenance for 5 years).

That's a heck of a deal tho, and I'm a sucker for a cute little fast car :cool: I'd be hard pressed to walk away from that deal.

Have you thought of doing a quick carfax check on the VIN numbers? See if anything pops up unexpectedly?
yes, we are going to request a carfax. I guess i should call whoever around here works on Porche and get estimates on stuff like oil changes.
Good idea!!!

ahem, i would rather just have the Audi, but his heart is set on a Porche. Plus he's be driving my audi everyday since his work is a 25 min. drive and mine is 10 minutes. I'd be stuck with the gas guzzling 4-runner. that's why i say let him get his own sports car, to stay outta mine. :wink: :lol:
For oil changes and the like any mechanic can do it... Its any major repairs that would kill ya'. They really are fun cars both though! Treat yourselves!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
jackersmommy said:
I wouldn't. Expensive matence/ repairs. Wait for the new Camaro! :D
Heretic - goin' American, GO CHALLENGER (faster too!)
H-E-M-I
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
irishman538 said:
jackersmommy said:
I wouldn't. Expensive matence/ repairs. Wait for the new Camaro! :D
Heretic - goin' American, GO CHALLENGER (faster too!)
H-E-M-I
Amen, right there. Amanda drives a Dodge with a Hemi in it, man I love it.

Anyways, Sara, your husband wants the Porsche, you want the Audi - so get 'em!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
we talked with the bank today, they threw out some loan options but the one we will prolly go with is the home equity line of credit.
And with that, we dont have to get stuck with the cars we saw at the lot, we can search E-bay and find cars we absolutely want (like my Mini) and a nicer version of the Porche Boxster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,673 Posts
Like everyone else said, Porsche = crazy to insure + repairs. So I'd say no, dont do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
looks like i can get a mini convertible cheaper thru the mini dealership than Ebay. All the ones on ebay are Mini Cooper S, and i dont need the S version, it's most expensive.
i guess i'll be looking at getting a new one! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Funny I work for Saturn. No I do not drive one. I am actually in the market for a new Jeep Liberty. Good Luck with the car hunt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
looks like i can get a mini convertible cheaper thru the mini dealership than Ebay. All the ones on ebay are Mini Cooper S, and i dont need the S version, it's most expensive.
i guess i'll be looking at getting a new one! :D
I will be buying a mini hopefully by December (holiday present to myself lol). I was looking at some used Minis, but came to the same conclusion as you - it's cheaper to buy new! The 2009 Mini Hardtops start around $19k, yet the used minis are all going for thousands more! So, I'd rather put my money into a brand new car under warranty than a used car that has a bunch of options i dont even need or want.
 
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Top