Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

First off I have to say it's great to find a place where everyone loves their pup as much as I love mine. Quick intro, I'm male and married with two boys ages 6 and 8. We adopted a 5 month old pit black lab cross last Christmas and love him dearly. Roofus is extremely friendly and shows no signs of aggression during the day but gets protective of the house and yard at night. If he hears anything he goes to the window or door and growls, complete with the fur on his back standing up in a wide strip. He calms down right away when he's told to settle down. I'm curious as to whether this is normal or if it's something I should be concerned about. He also loves to wrestle and play tug-of-war and from what I'm reading this can lead to aggression problems, is this true? He's extremely gentle and I don't want that to change. A quick question from my wife. Is he ever going to stop growing? I know it's hard to tell because he's a cross but at 17 months and 65 lbs he's starting to take up a lot of the bed. Both of his parents are large dogs. I'll upload some pics when I get a chance. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.