Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I wondered what the situation in other countries is concerning SBT's. In Holland you may only own a SBT or Am.staff if they have a family tree. If a dog doesn't have one and you run into the police, they will take your dog and it will be put to sleep.
Pitbulls are forbidden in Holland.

So that's the deal in Holland, how is this in other countries?

Greetings,
Marco

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most of the State of Florida in the United States allows
Pit Bulls. The city of Miami has a ban on Pit Bulls and there are a couple
more cities or towns in Florida that have bans also. This is the biggest
thing on the forum here figting the banning of the bulldog breed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gazar said:
Do you think the ban will ever stop?

Greetings,
Marco

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
gazar said:

Greetings,
Marco
That is the untimate goal, but as long as people stay uneducated about the bulldog breed or other larger dogs for that matter, their fear of not knowing will keep bans in effect and encourage them elsewhere.

Greetings to you too,
Pat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gazar said:
gazar said:

Greetings,
Marco
That is the untimate goal, but as long as people stay uneducated about the bulldog breed or other larger dogs for that matter, their fear of not knowing will keep bans in effect and encourage them elsewhere.

Greetings to you too,
Pat
I think that people just don't want to see it. Even if there are figures that tell that golden retrievers and labradors cause much more biting incidents than, for instance, SBT's.
People without dogs or with other breeds tjust don't believe that. Also the ministry that makes laws like this, don't have a clue of what they are talking about.
If you ask them what the cirteria are to be called a pitbull kind, than you'll get 10 different answers from 10 different people.
I don't think it will ever change. I think it will even get worse, but now I'm talking for the situation in Holland,

Greetings,
Holland

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
gazar said:
gazar said:

Greetings,
Marco

Greetings to you too,
Pat
I think that people just don't want to see it. Even if there are figures that tell that golden retrievers and labradors cause much more biting incidents than, for instance, SBT's.
People without dogs or with other breeds tjust don't believe that. Also the ministry that makes laws like this, don't have a clue of what they are talking about.
If you ask them what the cirteria are to be called a pitbull kind, than you'll get 10 different answers from 10 different people.
I don't think it will ever change. I think it will even get worse, but now I'm talking for the situation in Holland,

Greetings,
Holland
I agree, that people can aggravate their own fears from lack of education. This is where so many problems in so many countries including the United States comes from. It is a shame that people will not first learn about an issue before they make a judgement. It is a very definate possibility that the banning of the breed could get worse and that is why we are fighting it and doing more positive things to help prevent the banning of the breed.

I am off to bed now, but if you respond, I will catch up with it later. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, especially all the way from Holland. I have enjoyed the conversation.

Greetings,
Pat in Florida
:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gazar said:
gazar said:
gazar said:

Greetings,
Marco

Greetings to you too,
Pat

Greetings,
Holland

I agree, that people can aggravate their own fears from lack of education. This is where so many problems in so many countries including the United States comes from. It is a shame that people will not first learn about an issue before they make a judgement. It is a very definate possibility that the banning of the breed could get worse and that is why we are fighting it and doing more positive things to help prevent the banning of the breed.

I am off to bed now, but if you respond, I will catch up with it later. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, especially all the way from Holland. I have enjoyed the conversation.

Greetings,
Pat in Florida
:D
Good night! What's the time actually where you are? In Holland it's 12:05 pm.

Marco

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Good night! What's the time actually where you are? In Holland it's 12:05 pm.

Marco
When I wrote that it was 5:35 am Tuesday morning. I had gotten up to let the
dogs out and so I thought I would check the forum and see what was going on.
It is now 7:37 am and have to get ready to go to work. Pat

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've mentioned this in another post (didn't see this one)

As you will likely know Pit Bull (type) are a banned breed in England. There are two other breeds on the list but their names fail me at the moment.

The SBT has always been a respected and loved breed in England. That is the English Bull terrier I believe the ASBT comes under the pit bull type so is included in the ban.
Recently the English SBT has become very popular among st the young male crowd who are (not all obviously) giving the breed a very bad name as they are encouraging aggression to wards other dogs and to a degree people. This is a very scary situation as it is going to do untold damage to the breed and we my find restrictions are placed against this breed in the end. I very much hope that never happens but until we can remove the "brain dead" ownership of these wonderful animals we can never be sure that it will remain the trusted family dog it has rightly been viewed as for many many years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Australia
We are sadley not allowed to own APBT in Australia as there are alot of un-educated people that see them as killing machines , Which is sooooo far from the truth .If they werent banned i would own one for sure as for the SBT we currently do not have a ban on them , They are a very popular breed in Australia much like England. AMSTAFFS as far as i no are legal to own in Australia

p.s All bull breeds in oz Have to be leashed in public all the time if i go to a local park and let my dog off for a run i can get me and my staffy inhuge trouble :twisted: which really gives me the shits

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yemi said:
I've mentioned this in another post (didn't see this one)

As you will likely know Pit Bull (type) are a banned breed in England. There are two other breeds on the list but their names fail me at the moment.

The SBT has always been a respected and loved breed in England. That is the English Bull terrier I believe the ASBT comes under the pit bull type so is included in the ban.
Recently the English SBT has become very popular among st the young male crowd who are (not all obviously) giving the breed a very bad name as they are encouraging aggression to wards other dogs and to a degree people. This is a very scary situation as it is going to do untold damage to the breed and we my find restrictions are placed against this breed in the end. I very much hope that never happens but until we can remove the "brain dead" ownership of these wonderful animals we can never be sure that it will remain the trusted family dog it has rightly been viewed as for many many years.
I think the SBT is to prolific a breed for any sort of ban to come in in England and have to say ive not come across any bred to be nasty here in Swindon though im sure it happens in Citys.I remember a few years back The Sun did a peice about Staffies being devil dogs and the out cry was such that they had to print 2 pages of normal happy family Staffies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forbidden

In Norway PitBulls have been banned for a few years. Now apr. 3 years ago AmStaff was forbidden JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE PITBULL!! Can you believe it? The StaffBullTerrier was saved from being banned only because it was smaller and is called "the nursing dog" or something like that---

It's a crazy world out there..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts