Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just gave my boy a bath because he had an accident and well he needed to smell good again.. anyhow I was looking at him and under the bathroom light in my bathroom the top of his head, certain spots on his snout and ears and his legs look like A high color pink... now I was thinking maybe its his skin underneath his coat but i just want to double check cause I dont remember it looking that way.. When I take him outside in the light and let him do his business its not really as noticeable so should I be worried...

Sorry everyone youll find im a panick monster especially since he's new..

·
Registered
932 Posts
Patch has the same thing!

Deary me - Patch has the exact same thing (he's 12 weeks old).
does it almost look like sunburn underneath the coat? but then when you look closer, there's nothing there?
I was so frightened the other day when i noticed it, but my husband said it was a normal thing for white dogs, particularly staffy's.
Patch also has a very pink snout and pink around his right eye... it almost looks infected.
i get so worried - but my husband says it's normal, and the vet didn't comment on it when he went for his vaccine last week....

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella has a lot of pink skin, especially around her muzzle. Her front legs turn pink when they get wet (at bathtime, or when she's been chewing on a bone or something.) She's perfectly healthy, if that helps settle your nervousness a little bit. :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
cheers!

thanks for that. that makes me feel a little better. i think we were worried because our dogs are white so it's probably more noticeable!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't freak out, I did when Darla's belly went from pink to what looked black literally overnight. Puppies skin color changes. And white puppies have pink skin that can even look real red underneath, due to environment, baths, etc. It so funny because I was stroking her belly earlier thinking of how it freaked me out when her skin color changed :oops:

See the pretty pink belly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts