Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2, 5 1/2 old, Olde English Bulldogs. We bought the first pup at the begining of August and then purchased his sister in October. Our first bully puppy is a male and the second is a female. Our male hever had any red spots on his face or anywhere else, but know the spot in between his eyes is fairly long and the hair is falling out of it. The second puppy is a femal, we noticed a worn looking mark under one of her eyes but just figrued first few days in the house there was a lot of mouthing and chewing. I figure the balding red marks were chew marks, but it appears that it is spreading. The red spots are generally on elbow joint ankle joints (all the easy to get places and the ones that taste the best). Our original puppy is a male and it looks sore but he doesn't see to bothered by it. Neither of the puppies scatch or bite at the marks (At least not on themelves) If Any one has any kind of informaition I might be look at, it would be greetly appreciated. Iam worried about the marks are. :( Anyones insight to what they thing they are would be great appreciated. I can take a picture of the irritation, it anyone thinks that might help.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Sorry to hear your babies are sick :cry: It sounds to me like Mites or
Mange. There is a slim chance it is Hot Spots or an allergic reaction (since they are related they may have the same allergies

I would get them to the Vet ASAP becuase sometimes catching thing early makes it much easier to get rid of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I was worried that it might be manage or mites. Do either of you know what the common treatment is and if it is something that will continue to re-occur? They both have an appointment to see the vet tomorrow. I don't think their skin irritation bother's them half as much as it upsets me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i just took griffin to the vet for the same symptoms and it turns out he has demodectic mange. i think there are several treatments, but he was given a mitaban dip. basically, i need to give him a bath and then sponge him with this medicine every two weeks for 6 weeks (3 times total).

there is a sticky on this topic that you can look at for other info: http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=5102

hope your guys are okay! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts