Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now we have several members whose dogs/pups are having skin issue problems.
I thought it might be a good idea to post collectively here so that all the information can be shared at the same time in the same place.

I will set this up as a sticky so that it is easier to find. :D

So if y
our dog or pup is having any skin issues, please post it here. Also, if any recommendations have worked, please post that too. :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Skin help!

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated!!
My bully has just had dark patches pop up on her fur ( the skin underneath seems to be fine except for one sore spot). The vet said its nothing but they are spreading fast ( started with a small spot near tail and is now up to sholders) and she seems to be itchy and uncomfortable. She has a new allergy to grass and has a cream for her paws.

Her parasite, worming ect is all up to date.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the pictures it looks like a pigmanet change in the fur and not a skin issue.
There is a medicated shampoo that can be used on your dog to help illiminate a
skin infection or irritation. We have used, Phytovet C 4% shampoo. We got it from
the vet.

You also need to check if he could be allergic to his food. Some dogs are, especially
food that has chicken in it. We feed our dogs lamb and rice for sensitive skin and
stomachs. There could be some irritatants outside if he lays in the grass or perhaps
carpet cleaner on your carpets. Many things to take into consideration. Let us know how he is doing.

· Registered
3 Posts
we have a miniature english bull dog and an am staff. both of our bullies have skin issues and we have found that by supplementing their diet with fish oil and a grain free diet that the skin issue has almost disappeared. Another supplement that we use almost as a treat is brewers yeast with garlic. our bullies love the taste of them. they are the size of a skittle and have a garlic taste to them that they love. With all of this we have completely gotten rid of any skin issues. Hopefully this helps someone and also sorry for punctuation lol. I am in the office and trying to get this out quick while on a conference call.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Sarah has had many skin issues in her life. ive found Duoxo ps shampoo and spray to help her immensly with her yeast issues she gets. Coconout oil rubbed on the skin is supposed to help to. Betadine is really good for bacterial issues in your bully. glucosamine and chondroitin is also good for joint issues and adding some type of oil like fish to is makes it work even better. There are many types of oil such as flax, fish, cod, coconut. Sarah is allergic to all those so she gets polluck oil. She also cannot take joints meds anymore due to her allergies so i gave her tumeric and ginger for a bit. she could not take those either so im now giving her boswellia and tart cherries and it seems to be helping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.