Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley has some pink bump type things on her muzzle and I'm a bit concerned. They don't appear to be anywhere else. Just there. I'm wondering if this is a skin problem or if this is caused by her run ins with the cats. Below are some pics not the best because for whatever reason she wouldn't hold still. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you feed or water her in plastic bowls (or does she drink out of buckets outside)? Looks like the same thing my old dog Cody use to suffer from. Allerigic to plastics which caused severe acne. I suggest get rid of any plastic bowls (buckets) and use stainless steel, do also remove (put up) any buckets etc that might be outside. I stopped using plastic for Cody but couldn't figure it out he still broke out on his chin. Come to find out the little bugger was drinking out of buckets hanging on our shed. Plastics put of chemicals in small amounts when water sits in them for long periods of time. Most dogs/animals do not have this problem but I'm seeing more and more people complaining of this problem. Also, until her chin clears up I suggest washing her face daily with a light antibactrial soap this will help dry her acne up. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
That is Acne
Use Stainless Steel Bowls and some acne cream good for dogs (check with vet) my Rottweilers always had that its form their bowls I cleaned their bowls daily and got steel never had the problem again
I think i used Noxzema but not sure 8)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I just took Scarlet to thte vet for those ssame things and her pink eye...he said all of it can be attributed to allergies...then he asked about her water bowl and told me to awitch to stainless steal...like what everyone is saying.

He said it is deep embeded acne...and gave her 6 weeks of antibiotics to get rid of it completely. He said hers (which looks just like harlys) was too serious to go away on its own. he said it may get better w/o antibiotic but it will come back! so he put her on them and we got the new water bowls. Hopefully it will go away completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts