Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I know it's common for bulldogs to have pimples on/around their face. Lately my bulldog's pimples (only a few of them) have been extremely smelly. Putrid smelly. I've seen the doctor, but it's not going away. I don't mean to be gross but they are pussy and his wrinkles won't stay dry. I constantly try to pat dry the wrinkles, but it's not getting better. Does anyone have any suggestions? Things you might have done that worked for you. He doesn't have any skin conditions anywhere else on his body. I feel so bad for him and I just want it to get better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi. i would bring him to another vet. that is not normal. we had problems with murphy's breath being REALLY bad, and it turned out he has a rare bacteria in his gums. they are treating it with 2 different types of antibiotics for almost 2 months. i would definitley get it checked out again. i know you weren't talking about his breath, but it may be somthing similar.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My peke has the same thing(sounds like) around his eye in his wrinke. The little pimples I was told are really little pimples of sulfa-from a bacterial infection in them, and the wrinkle, because it stays so moist, staph builds up in there.

One peke was treated and for some reason, it went away and never came back, the other, it is an ongoing battle we have fought for 4 years now.(3 1/2) No matter how dry you keep it, I think a little dampness and warmth is perfect breeding ground for staph/yeast. We had a cream(antibiotic) and antibiotic pills. But as I said, it just keeps coming back. Try another vet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hummmm Im new to my bully and I to noticed bumps on his chin and one by his jaws.
We took him to the vet for a regular puppy check up I was gonna bring them up but they were gone by than.
So if I am understanding these are common to bulldogs and I need to keep a clean face on him.
Well I learned somthing today. :p

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I assume this is an english bulldog? Since they are prone to skin problems like this it is really beneficial to keep their folds of skin clean. This might help with future skin problems.

·
Registered
380 Posts
try worming your dog for round and hook, has he ever been treated for tape worms, also a temporary solution for the smell is a vinegar and water douch on a warm cloth.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you feed or water your dog using plastic bowls? If so they could allergic to plastic. My previous dog (German Sheppard) was allergic which did cause pimples which were pussy and smelly. Shortly after we began to use metal bowls they went away. Josie our AB also gets smelly eyes but with a daily face washing with small amount of antibactrial soap on a wash cloth fixes the problem. I find it works better than that specialty eye soap sold in pet stores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts