Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone who looked so far and commented.

Attitude: You may be correct. However, at this stage in the game (gonna be 2yrs old next month) if she can't handle working with a prong on then should she really be out there? How long do we baby them? Heck, a few times I have forgot my harness and flat collar at home when the helper wanted Rosco posted. All I had was a prong and he worked on that no differently than he would have on a flat collar or harness. Not that I am recommending that, but if she's worth a grain of salt she will work for me on a prong collar, if we need to go back to do some post work again (which I am sure we will) then on will go the harness. Like I said, I see where you are coming from and maybe she would benefit from a double line, but should I really need to complicate things like that with an amost 2 yr old dog who has been doing this since she was 10 weeks old? Time to remove the diapers... :binky: Can't baby them forever. ;) JMO.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Lisa said:
Thanks everyone who looked so far and commented.

Attitude: You may be correct. However, at this stage in the game (gonna be 2yrs old next month) if she can't handle working with a prong on then should she really be out there? How long do we baby them? Heck, a few times I have forgot my harness and flat collar at home when the helper wanted Rosco posted. All I had was a prong and he worked on that no differently than he would have on a flat collar or harness. Not that I am recommending that, but if she's worth a grain of salt she will work for me on a prong collar, if we need to go back to do some post work again (which I am sure we will) then on will go the harness. Like I said, I see where you are coming from and maybe she would benefit from a double line, but should I really need to complicate things like that with an amost 2 yr old dog who has been doing this since she was 10 weeks old? Time to remove the diapers... :binky: Can't baby them forever. ;) JMO.
no i agree you can't baby em forever but, if you gotta build drive you can't do that and correct at the same time. smooch is not rosco and you could be makin mistakes expecting her to be like him. how old was rosco when he started this work?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct, Rosco was older when he started this work..2 yrs old to be exact. I know they are not the same dogs, but I will only help her for so long, after that she is on her own. She either brings it on her own or forget it. If at almost 2 yrs old she can't work with a prong around her neck then she shouldn't be doing the work...I will only help a dog so much. Anyways, just came in from session at my house and believe it or not she looked better than ever. :? Did some work in the barn (on the prong ;) ) and she was more intense than she has ever been. Her barking was better and more consistent than ever. It was so wierd, none of us could believe it, its like her intensity doubled. Wierd too 'cause she's only been in the barn a couple of times, I expected her to be more distracted. She made me very happy today.... almost elated! :D Hopefully will have video to show you soon and I hope she keeps it up. She was such a good girl today. :D I am happy.

Thanks for your input anyways, Cath. Its always welcomed no matter what and I know you have the best interest of the dogs in mind (you always do). I actually do like hearing what people like you have to say about my dogs. Thanks again. I will keep you posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.