Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Snip Snip?

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  BergstromsABs 
#1 ·
I hear you guys all talking about spaying your females, but nothing about the boys. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get Deuce neutered, or is it not a big deal. Whats your opinion. Poor guy, mom's talking about his little peanuts all over the web. He would be so ashamed.

#6 ·
Well, I believe he has grown quite fond of them. Plus my husband is a typical dumb guy. He doesn't want to do it. I need some info to give him on why we shouldn't breed him. Believe me we won't, but he doesn't understand why. He thinks even if we aren't going to breed him we shouldn't have him snipped. What should I tell him to get it through his thick skull.

#8 ·
snarky said:
b/c they are HIS "boys" :p
Say it with me: Dogs do NOT have a psychosexual identity.

They don't have an awareness of their "intact" or "neutered" state. By neutering Deuce, you will not be taking anything from him that he knows he has, nor will he "miss" them!

But if you are really convinced that he'll miss having his little nuts hang down, check out this site:
http://www.neuticles.com/ Yup, you can get him falsies!

In my opinion, the "post-neutering stress" that they refer to is a bunch of hooey. I've met plenty of neutered dogs and NOT ONE struck me as "missing a familiar body part". When we had to remove one of Chyna's toes, she didn't mourn over the loss. Frankly, if someone knocked you out and removed your appendix without telling you, you wouldn't miss this "familar body part" either!!

#10 ·
Bubba is getting snipped May 12th. If you aren't going to breed your dog then there is no reason for your dog to keep them. It is part of your responsibilty to control pet population. You may always have an eye on your boy but I assure you he has his eye on the lady next door :D

Do yourself a favor and have your vet do it before he gets too big. You pay by the pound not the job.

#11 ·
Believe me, I want to get him spayed, maybe it will keep pinky from coming out to say hi. But my husband is the problem. As for those implants, WHAT THE HECK. That is freakin rediculous. What is the purpose? Some people have way to much money on their hands. If they don't know how to spend it why don't they just give it to me instead. Anyone have any good reasons I could give my husband for not breeding him, and getting him neutered?

#12 ·
deuce's mommy said:
Anyone have any good reasons I could give my husband for not breeding him, and getting him neutered?
For the breeding, just make him read this page: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html

As for neutering: Less potential for aggression. Males who are intact can get sexually frustrated and lead to aggression. It can also cause them to run away to find a female that is in heat in the neighborhood. Who knows if you would ever see him again. Less chance of testicuar cancer. Can make the dog hump less....

#14 ·
augrad said:
Tell your husband that he has his own testicles - he doesn't need his dog's hangin' down there. :wink:

It's like - well I can't show my own in public, but darn it, I can show his!! :)
Come on guys, I'm at work. Its all quiet in my office and I just start laughing out of nowhere. They are going to think I'm crazy. That was a good one. Seems like that is whats going on in his head sometimes.

#15 ·
I kind of regret getting Koa done at 4 mos. I think I would liked to have done it after he was finished growing. I felt so much pressure from everyone to have it done since I wasn't breeding -- but really, Heaven is spayed, and my dogs are either indoors or in a fenced yard. It really could have waited till he was done growing. I feel I deprived him of much needed testosterone. I don't know though, maybe it was for the best.

#17 ·
deuce's mommy said:
Believe me, I want to get him spayed, maybe it will keep pinky from coming out to say hi. But my husband is the problem. As for those implants, WHAT THE HECK. That is freakin rediculous. What is the purpose? Some people have way to much money on their hands. If they don't know how to spend it why don't they just give it to me instead. Anyone have any good reasons I could give my husband for not breeding him, and getting him neutered?
I've read and been told that, particularly after they reach the age of 5 years, their chances of getting testicular cancer GREATLY increase if they aren't neutered. I'm probably getting Mosley done this summer. Especially since I have Messiah now, furthering the breed another generation. What I need is another female, but I'm not allowed until I can build them an heated/AC'ed kennel and fenced yard/kennel.

~S

#19 ·
LuvaBULL said:
I kind of regret getting Koa done at 4 mos. I think I would liked to have done it after he was finished growing. I felt so much pressure from everyone to have it done since I wasn't breeding -- but really, Heaven is spayed, and my dogs are either indoors or in a fenced yard. It really could have waited till he was done growing. I feel I deprived him of much needed testosterone. I don't know though, maybe it was for the best.
Are you worried that neutering him early may cause a decrease in his quality of life as he gets older? Or are you more worried that he won't grow to his full potential?

#22 ·
Yeah, I don't think that would go over well. He is only 20. We have no kids yet. Besides that would make too much work for me, having to go find a new man with some cahones. But I get your drift, and yes it is going to be done, I just want to ease the arguing that is bound to insue. The more info I have the better. I can win an argument with nothing, but I want to make it easy on myself. I should become a lawyer.

#23 ·
Odie is fixed because I don't want any little Odie and Tala's running around. Unaltered dogs also wander, and that's a big issue with me. I don't want my dog to take off whenever there's a female in heat. And believe me, they WILL escape even from the most secure yard to get to a female in heat.

Neutering Odie didn't change his personality at all. He was constantly challenging me before, and he was exactly the same afterward.

#24 ·
Are males more likely to want to mark their territory around the house though if they havent been nuetered?? I dont think it would be that way but my fiance seems to think that unless he's nuetered he will pee in random spots even if we are taking him out for his regualr potty breaks??

Never owned boy dog, always girls so forgive me if that sounds dumb.. :roll:

#26 ·
kogeki said:
Plus my husband is a typical dumb guy. He doesn't want to do it.
I seriously cannot understand why some guys have that midset. Maybe it just makes them feel like more of a man when they are walking a dog and it has a big set swinging in the wind. Just go get him clipped and the put in a pair of neuticles. That'll make him happy. http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

bECUASE WE COULD ONLY BEGIN TO IMAGINE THE PAIN OF HAVING OUR BALLS CHOPPED ALL THE WAY OFF
OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No Champs is getting done soon since he is almost growing. This way I dont come home to find there is more lil Champs running around. Btw I have had and saw nuetered dogs and they still let the pink thing hang out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.