Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3-month-old pit pup snores like you can't believe. He is louder than my husband. I'm not worried about it healthwise for him - I know his smashed-in snout is short and it's a likely thing in pit bulls. However, I am starting to get shorted on my sleep! Anyone know a good remedy for snoring?

Also he farts HORRIBLY, not very often but when he does MAN IT'S BAD! I asked my vet about it and he said it's nothing to worry about but WOW! The little guy can clear out a room sometimes. I know boxers are famous farters, but is this also a pit trait? He eats Sensible Choice Lamb & Rice but I don't think it's his food, I think it's just HIM! Anyone else have to deal with a snory, farty pup? :roll:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Bogart snores, farts, slobbers....it's all just part of his charm. :wink:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Ah yes...farting and snoring...not much you can do about the snoring, except put the dog in a different room. As for the farting, bullybreeds are notorious for BAD gas...you can try adding a little plain, nonfat yogurt to their food once a day. It's helped Rocket (my AB) tremendously! It's always very easy to tell when we've run out of yogurt lol!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
haha...glad to know I'm not the only pit owner who has to suffer through this! :lol: It's a bully breed thing...not much you can do about it! :?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bulldogs! 8)

·
Registered
214 Posts
The natural grossness of bullies is why we love them. Bam is like a gross old man in every way. If he were a person he would be wearing a shirt with armpit stains, drinking beer and asking people to pull his finger.

·
Registered
320 Posts
:lol: .....my dog used to walk up to me (if I was sitting on the floor), or walk right over me if I was sitting on the couch, and lean over the arm of the couch, and try to put his stank butt in my face and then let out the rankest fart!!! I swear he did it on purpose!!!! He knew after I would gag, and tell him he was a stinky dog, and he loved it!! I swear he got a smile on his face after he farted in mine!! I heard that tomato juice is supposed to help them fart less/smell less severe.

As for the snoring.....get yourself some earplugs!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
BamBam's Dad said:
If he were a person he would be wearing a shirt with armpit stains, drinking beer and asking people to pull his finger.
:lol:

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Yes, after the first 2 weeks with Orson as a pup i thought to
myself "what have I bought". i couldnt sleep cause if his
snoring didnt wake me his farts did! I had no idea such a stench could come
from a 15 pound puppy!! :shock:

I switched his food to DVP duck/potato and he doesnt fart anymore!!!
A non-farting bully is a miricle!
But dont worry, he still snores like an old man!
Earplugs or putting them in the hall to sleep is my only advice for that!

·
Registered
703 Posts
All I can say is..........Welcome to the wonders of bulldogs! LOL! I got use to the snoring (only because Joe would just chime in with my husband such a snoring duo), but the gas well. I found that parsley (fresh is best) does help just add it to their meals. It's a natural gas and indigestion aid.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The first time I saw Maia, she was just 5 weeks old- she crawled over to me, lay down in my lap, went to sleep and started snoring loudly! I thought, "Yep! This is definately the dog for us!" :lol:
Our cat snores as well, and my wife snores like a warthog sometimes (you didn't hear that from me, ok?)

Of course, I never do .............. :wink:

Thanks a million for all the tips on the gas- I will try all of them, because it truly is worse than anybody could ever have warned me about (although people did try- one guy said to me "Congrats on buying a Staffie- kiss your furniture, garden and nasal hair good bye!" - I thought he was joking! :roll: )

·
Registered
320 Posts
I told my husband that him and the dog would be terrific bed partners and can sleep together, and I'll take the couch, LOL.

LMAO...."Congrats on buying a Staffie- kiss your furniture, garden and nasal hair good bye!" -and I'm LMAO cuz it's so true!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Grizwald said:
I know boxers are famous farters
INDEED! :pottytrain5:

I thought Zeus' was bad, but Sibyl's is the worse! We even feed them DVP and do the yogurt thing, which helped Zeus but not Sibyl! She has peeled the paint off of at least three rooms and I have partial hearing loss in my right ear. :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
snoring and farts

hi im glad im not the only one who has a dog that snores very load :lol:
and when he lets one go he knows it smells bad he walks away from it :wink:
but we love them all the same its there character :roll:

·
Registered
81 Posts
LOL In short YES, Bulls are farters!!

My last bitch, Kaya farter like nothing on earth, and my new puppy, also Kaya (im soft and named her for the other) is so bad im starting to call her maquinita del pedo! Little fart machine!! She farts over and over and over and over and over and over all day long and they smell like something crawled up and died.

It should improve as she gets older, the frequency at least however she always going to have a tendency to drop a clanger im afraid, best get those nostrils accustomed!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts