Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not sure what your budget is for your new companion. For a tested, quality OEB you will most likely be paying between 2 and 4k. Make sure that the breeder knows up front that you are looking for a pet and not breed stock - that will affect your price but also the quality of the dog, i.e., if they are looking to introduce size into their line they might sell you a smaller boned dog as a pet once it were spayed/neutered.

There is very little testing other than hip x-rays being performed by OEB breeders at the moment. There isn't the repository of breed data out there to date to make it worthwhile. Clubs within IOEBA and some of the foreign registries (the Italian one comes to mind) are working to promote testing but it will be years before it is routine.

I would suggest looking at http://www.mybullz.com/ for some incredible dogges. My own Sarge is out of this bloodline combined with a British line.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.