Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Those are great pics. They are both so cute. How much do they weigh?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kasco said:
Those are great pics. They are both so cute. How much do they weigh?
Well, Bear has been on a slight diet since his vet visit. He was 73 lbs. I've had him down to 67. But I don't really think he's overweight. He's just solid.

Molly is approx. 40 lbs..

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
They're such a cute pair! The pics on the sofa are too funny! These guys aren't much for hard floors, are they? :lol:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Those two dogs are so cute. I love Molly's coloring. Did you get her from a breeder?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bogart said:
Those two dogs are so cute. I love Molly's coloring. Did you get her from a breeder?
Well, yes and no on the breeder. I know I'm going to get crusified for this but.....we have a place in CT called All Pets Club. It's a specialized pet store. Say what you will but they have been here for a very long time and have worked with their specific breeders for over 9 years. Both Bear & Molly came from there. When I bought Bear they called my house to follow up on him. When Molly had the cherry eye I called them and they contacted the breeder. And agreed to pay for 1/2 the surgery. They also called twice after the operation to check on her. Make your decisions for yourself. Check out their website, www.allpetsclub.com. I couldn't be happier with the both of them. The vet always comments on how great both their temperments and personalities are. And except for the cherry eye we have not had any health issues. They are now even starting to have puppies spayed and neutered before purchase.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well, she is one the best EB's I have ever seen (both of them are).
They have a nice bully look, but it's not too exaggerated.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bogart said:
Well, she is one the best EB's I have ever seen (both of them are).
They have a nice bully look, but it's not too exaggerated.
Thanks for the kind words. For over a year now I've avoided stating on here that they were bought from a store. I know how it's frowned upon. But like I said the store only works w/specific breeders and it was a long wait before they got them in. Before I got Molly I'd did try applying with rescues with no response at all. I found it frustrating.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
For over a year now I've avoided stating on here that they were bought from a store
:oops: OMG, glad you came out cause now I can too. :oops:
I also bought Orson from a similar place, they buy the best pups from a litter and
work with alot of same breeders over and over. Now i definatly don't approve of that kind of
place esp. since they hike up the puppy prices but i had been wanting an EB and went into
that store just to "browse" the pups...then I saw the cutest brindle wrinkly boy. Told me he was a
OEB, that they are just EBs but bigger and no health problems. Info was NOT correct but
I fell in love and took him home!
I know what I did was wrong :oops: but i wouldn't change it for the world!
Cant imagine life without my pet store Orson!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Regardless of where they came from, they are still adorable! Haus came from a BYB, and Justice was a rescue. Both really cute dogs.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Hausmommy. I would have to say I have become very educated from this forum on BYB. And I have to say I was out a car show a couple weeks before I had Molly fixed and there was a guy from our club walking around with a male EB. We began talking about our dogs and he asked if she was fixed. I said not yet. He asked if I wanted to breed her with his. I knew right away what the answer was, NO. On top of believing only the best specimens of the breed should be bred I could never give a puppy or dog away and wonder all it's life if it was treated well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts