Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here're some shots of D + Q the day I was packing up at my last place:

Some shots of the boys over at O'Klassic Kennels

Checking out one of Cathie's horses

Mocha + Q having a morning romp in the yard

And Diablo getting settled into the new place and getting lots of attention:

D looks like he misses me :cry: He'll settle in well there I am sure though, especially with all the play, space and attention he is getting. Won't be long till he forgets about me but it's been tough not waking up to him in the morning.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
You are definately a stronger person than I... I just want to cry looking at those pictures... I know you have to do what you have to do, but I could never part with D. I'm sure he's getting tons of attention and love at his new place though!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
You are definately a stronger person than I... I just want to cry looking at those pictures...
Me too! Your heart must be aching seeing him in a new home. At least it's a nice loving family home and he looks like he'll be well loved.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been really tough. I almost turned around several times on the way out east when I was bringing Diablo to his new owners. Watching him stare me down as they drove away was extremely difficult too. I would never have done it if I questioned the quality of his new home and new life. I know he's going to get treated as well as I treated him, but he'll have even more attention, so that makes me feel really good. He had a lot of promise in the show ring and working field too, which makes it even more difficult, but the fact that he's been by my side since the age of 8 weeks old is above all - the most difficult thing to handle - since I was working from home that whole time and spent my complete days with him. I never thought I'd be leaving his side, but I put myself in a rediculously risky situation this past summer. Love can make someone blind, but rest assured I am well on my way to being emotionally stable, secure and physically setteled once again. A fresh start in a new city and this boy is going to plant his feet securely down for some time and think long and hard before making future + possibly life-altering decisions.

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
It is like Diablo knows you are leaving in this pic. So sad, makes me want to
cry. Hope your new life goes well and that the dogs adjust to their new life soon.

It is like Q is saying to Diablo, "It's alright Diablo, everything will be fine."

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AllAmericanPUP said:
i apparently missed something...is there a post about why you gave up ur dogs?

I had the post deleted, it was a long one in the non-doggy discussion forum about how I had moved 14 hours to live in a remote country town to be close to someone who I was engaged to (verbally according to her but not physically at that point, but a ring was coming).

Basically, we broke up almost immediately after the move, after I had spent thousands on moving. I tried to remain in the area or at least till I could sort out a new spot to settle down in again, but I was basically emotionally unable to remain in that area, especially since the ex was playing some major games with me at the time.

For my own benefit I had to make the tough decision to do what was best for me and get the hell out of that situation which was driving me mad. I put my belongings in storage, moved in with my brother + sister in-law temporarily and setup interviews in NYC, which is financially and career-wise in my best interest. In order to get out of the low-point I was in, I had to do what was best for me in my life and spring-back to being a happy person again by doing what was in my best interest to do, especially in the long run. Not only will this job create a huge nest-egg in my bank account but I have a large number of close friends who support me down in the city of NY. I would say I am closer with these people than I am with my friends from my last city of Toronto (where I have been for 10 yrs).

It's not that I can't own dogs in the city, but in the meantime I am unable to properly place diablo in a suitable home until getting settled again, and I did not want to keep shuffling him around untill I got settled. So I did what was best for both of us. I drove 2000km to place him in the best home I could possibly find for him, with a stay-at-home mother, 3 kids and her husband on an acre of land. They are also familiar with the breed, so everything worked out perfectly. Q + Mocha are staying at O'Klassic Kennels right now, the kennel that co-owns them with me.

I am extremely anxious to settle down into some solid footing once more and this time I am not going to make grand sacrifices for any more women. They will have to move to me!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
redbull said:
AllAmericanPUP said:
i apparently missed something...is there a post about why you gave up ur dogs?

I had the post deleted, it was a long one in the non-doggy discussion forum about how I had moved 14 hours to live in a remote country town to be close to someone who I was engaged to (verbally according to her but not physically at that point, but a ring was coming).

Basically, we broke up almost immediately after the move, after I had spent thousands on moving. I tried to remain in the area or at least till I could sort out a new spot to settle down in again, but I was basically emotionally unable to remain in that area, especially since the ex was playing some major games with me at the time.

For my own benefit I had to make the tough decision to do what was best for me and get the hell out of that situation which was driving me mad. I put my belongings in storage, moved in with my brother + sister in-law temporarily and setup interviews in NYC, which is financially and career-wise in my best interest. In order to get out of the low-point I was in, I had to do what was best for me in my life and spring-back to being a happy person again by doing what was in my best interest to do, especially in the long run. Not only will this job create a huge nest-egg in my bank account but I have a large number of close friends who support me down in the city of NY. I would say I am closer with these people than I am with my friends from my last city of Toronto (where I have been for 10 yrs).

It's not that I can't own dogs in the city, but in the meantime I am unable to properly place diablo in a suitable home until getting settled again, and I did not want to keep shuffling him around untill I got settled. So I did what was best for both of us. I drove 2000km to place him in the best home I could possibly find for him, with a stay-at-home mother, 3 kids and her husband on an acre of land. They are also familiar with the breed, so everything worked out perfectly. Q + Mocha are staying at O'Klassic Kennels right now, the kennel that co-owns them with me.

I am extremely anxious to settle down into some solid footing once more and this time I am not going to make grand sacrifices for any more women. They will have to move to me!
that really sucks :(
You did what was best for your dogs and thats what matters :)
I hope you bounce back soon. Good luck with everything

·
Registered
2,626 Posts

You look so sad in this picture :( Makes me want to cry. You can see the love you have for those dogs in your eyes.
I assume that's you - I don't think I've ever seen a pic of you

redbull said:
D looks like he misses me :cry: He'll settle in well there I am sure though, especially with all the play, space and attention he is getting. Won't be long till he forgets about me but it's been tough not waking up to him in the morning.
Im sure he does miss you too. But time heals all wounds. He'll settle in and live a good life. Im sure he will never forget you - as I'm sure you'll never forget him.

Lots of hugs to you Evan - for making the hard decision you had to make and for having the heart to do what was best for you and your pups.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
OH Evan that is heart breaking best wishes with everything!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhh lord......sad sad story........i am sooo sorry.....that you and your dogs had to go this route......
tears at my heart.........
ive walked your shoes.....moved.blah and only to catch him with another woman.....mind you
its me my son our lizards, and at the time 11 pits......ahhhhh
my sister and her husband couldnt stand how sad i was to even think about parting.....
so they took us ALLLLLL in.......
we are on our feet now......just as you will be.......
and shame on that woman......does she have no heart.....
most ppl suck......keep your head up.......
and again my tears are falling for you ........ :(

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Wow, that sucks. But, at least you made a decision that was best for the dogs and you. I'm sure it was very difficult and I can kind of sympathize with you. I won't elaborate, but I feel your pain.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Sometimes dogs just have to take a back seat.....

I think you made the right decision. Take care of yourself. The dogs will be fine. The good ones always adapt well. :D

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Heal yourself and move on with life. You did what was best for all of you and the pups will always have you in the memory. It is because of you that they are great dogs and now a new family will get to enjoy them that much more. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Evan,
I was sad to learn that you had to give Diablo away....your posts truly express the love and pride you feel for your dogs. Sometimes as dog owners we have to make some tough decisions...and it really hurts. It looks like you have chosen a good home for him....
take care and good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts