Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I took some pics of Boss when we were up at my Mom's in Barrie. He loves playing in the backyard, it's a treat for him :D

I'm not very good at taking action shots, a lot of them were taken from too far away and a couple are blurry :oops:

Oh Boss, are you sure you're not part rabbit?

Happy boy. Nice and tired :D

I hope you guys like them. :D

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I'm lovin' that bully smile!! Boy can he jump!! Where's those agility pics??? LOL, how that going with him?? I'm sure he's great at, he's got all the energy and power for it :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! :D

ambulldogpup - I don't know how I can take agility pics, cause it's only me and the trainer, so I think it would be hard to teach him the stuff and then get the pics! When he does his first trial, maybe I'll ask someone to come with me and take the pics. Oh and it's going pretty well! :D The challenge I'll have with it is always being behind him and having him continue on without looking at me to see what to do.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Those are great shots!!!! He looks as though he was really zooming fast through the yard and those of him jumping up are great.You need to post more of Boss, he is a handsome fellow

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelly said:
Those are great shots!!!! He looks as though he was really zooming fast through the yard and those of him jumping up are great.You need to post more of Boss, he is a handsome fellow
Thank you! :D He had the zoomies, and was running around the yard for no apparent reason :lol: I took more but they're too far away so the quality isn't that great.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! He's not my little pup anymore :( He's going to be one in a couple of months! He's still pretty skinny and awkward looking, though :lol:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Tara<3Boss said:
Thanks guys! He's not my little pup anymore :( He's going to be one in a couple of months! He's still pretty skinny and awkward looking, though :lol:
Nah! I think he looks perfectly healthy! :D

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Great pics! Does he land pretty well when he jumps like that? When they try to jump, they always flip over on their back or the fall really hard on their sides. I worry about them hurting themselves. Boss looks great!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Yeah, he lands on his paws. I've seen him fall over maybe twice, but that happened when he didn't grab ahold of what I had in my hand. That was my fault, though.

Hey, does anyone happen to know what colour brindle he is? I was looking at APBT conformation, and they had every other kind of brindle, but didn't see anything that looked like Boss' colour. He's black and the light part is blonde looking :?

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Tara<3Boss said:

ambulldogpup - I don't know how I can take agility pics, cause it's only me and the trainer, so I think it would be hard to teach him the stuff and then get the pics! When he does his first trial, maybe I'll ask someone to come with me and take the pics. Oh and it's going pretty well! :D The challenge I'll have with it is always being behind him and having him continue on without looking at me to see what to do.
Have you started sequences yet? Maybe you could ask your trainer if he/she would take some pictures of you and Boss running, doing the weaves, or something else.

Most "green" dogs in agility will do that, Abby still does that too and by the time she realizes she way to ahead of me, we go to a dead stop and get mixed up. It takes work but, don't worry in no time you'll be showing. (if you can run a full novice course you can look on cleanrun.com for show n' goes in your area, there basically for fun and you just run your dog through the course with an audience and sometimes judges) I've taken Abby to a couple of them and we both had a ball. August is our first scheduled trial!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ambulldogpup said:
Tara<3Boss said:

Have you started sequences yet? Maybe you could ask your trainer if he/she would take some pictures of you and Boss running, doing the weaves, or something else.

Most "green" dogs in agility will do that, Abby still does that too and by the time she realizes she way to ahead of me, we go to a dead stop and get mixed up. It takes work but, don't worry in no time you'll be showing. (if you can run a full novice course you can look on cleanrun.com for show n' goes in your area, there basically for fun and you just run your dog through the course with an audience and sometimes judges) I've taken Abby to a couple of them and we both had a ball. August is our first scheduled trial!
Well, so far, the trainer says he's doing the jumps perfectly as well as the tunnel and table and he's pretty good with the frame, as long as I get to the target at the bottom of the frame before he gets off, otherwise he'll touch the target and then get off without my release. He's still having trouble with the weave poles, he's still not sure about what he's supposed to do. The only sequences we've done so far, are jumps then tunnel and four jumps then table. Is that what you mean???

Oh and for sure, the training session after this next one coming up tuesday, will probably be outside. So, I'll try to get some pics :D

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Tara<3Boss said:
Well, so far, the trainer says he's doing the jumps perfectly as well as the tunnel and table and he's pretty good with the frame, as long as I get to the target at the bottom of the frame before he gets off, otherwise he'll touch the target and then get off without my release. He's still having trouble with the weave poles, he's still not sure about what he's supposed to do. The only sequences we've done so far, are jumps then tunnel and four jumps then table. Is that what you mean???

Oh and for sure, the training session after this next one coming up tuesday, will probably be outside. So, I'll try to get some pics :D
Awesome! Yep, that's a sequence. A sequence is any amount of obstacles you do in order and it can be as small as 2 when your practicing or as many as 13 when your competing. Don't worry about the weave poles, it takes all dogs a long time to learn them and there one of the hardest to learn. Abby can do them, but she's not that fast. What method are you using for teaching the weave poles?

Can't wait to see those pics :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ambulldogpup said:
Tara<3Boss said:

Awesome! Yep, that's a sequence. A sequence is any amount of obstacles you do in order and it can be as small as 2 when your practicing or as many as 13 when your competing. Don't worry about the weave poles, it takes all dogs a long time to learn them and there one of the hardest to learn. Abby can do them, but she's not that fast. What method are you using for teaching the weave poles?

It seems to me like there isn't much of a method for the weave poles! What the trainer told me to do is stand beside the poles and wait for him to go through, and as soon as he goes through I say "yes" then throw his tug toy. Which doesn't seem to be working. So, now what we're trying to do is just reward with treats as soon as he starts to go through. She said I can't lead him with the leash or anything because she wants to make sure that he's thinking about what he's doing with the weave poles.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Tara<3Boss said:
ambulldogpup said:
Tara<3Boss said:

It seems to me like there isn't much of a method for the weave poles! What the trainer told me to do is stand beside the poles and wait for him to go through, and as soon as he goes through I say "yes" then throw his tug toy. Which doesn't seem to be working. So, now what we're trying to do is just reward with treats as soon as he starts to go through. She said I can't lead him with the leash or anything because she wants to make sure that he's thinking about what he's doing with the weave poles.
There are lots of different methods to the weave poles. The method your using is most commonly used in training today. Here's some different types:

(I belive this is the one that your doing)=

Weave-O-Matics =
<=I use that method

Channel Method=

1 - 19 of 19 Posts