Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know I have 2 dogs neither of wich are fixed...in the next month Clutch will be fixed...my question is...

Scarlet will not be fixed until Clutch is done and healed from his...if she does go into heat by then...will clutch still be going nuts for her since he will be fixed. Should I still seperate them. He was around fer her first heat with no problems but he was a little puppy, do fixed males still smell whatever it is and go nutso??

2nd question...when I get scarlet fixed what advice does anyone have on dealing with the healing process with 2 dogs in the house...should I seperate them then and if so for how long? I am just real worried she will rip those stiches out.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I have no idea about the first part of the question. The second part, I'm a little more familiar with. I had to seperate my dogs when they got fixed. Not all day, just when they got hyper. Both of my dogs felt perfectly normal by the next day so it was dificult for me to keep them under control. Heidi had to be on some sedatives because she was really bouncing off the walls! They heal really fast though. It's only hard for the first day or two. I think I had both of my dogs done on Fridays so that I could be home all weekend to supervise them. I wish people could bounce back as quickly as dogs after surgeries....they're amazing!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I just had mine down

Halo and Spirit were both done on thursday. and they are driving me nuts. I had to separte both of them, they have to stay crated
most of the time because all they want to do is jump around and the vet said not to have them do that for 7 to 10 days.
I walk them on a leash around the yard to do their biz and get some walking in. but I tell ya I am gong to be a wreck till they are healed. scare to death they are going to rip everything out. they are just to active now. But i am glad I did them together so they will be alset i wouldn't want to go through this one by one.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I had my peke fixed when Dix was 15 weeks, but he was 6 yrs. It was hard on him and I almost lost him, but he was old. Anyway, Dixies first heat never bothered him at all. He hasnt humped a thing since(lol) and never batted an eye at her when she was in season. She went into season at 9 months, I beleive. I think once thos things are gone, so are all his "feelings!!!"

2nd, Rod never touched his stitches, and when I looked at them, they were stitched kinda on the inside, and they deteriorated, left 2 staples, and he never touched them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts