Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those multitasking know-it-alls so I thought I'd share a bit of what I do in here.

Here's some stuff for y'alls, hope you enjoy:

---------------------------------------

Web Design

latest breeder site I've created:
http://www.razorsedgebulldogs.com

Half Life 2 - flash website
http://www.ati.com/halflife2/

video producer / 3D / post production

one of my latest vids:
http://www.dnbnation.com/visual/video/klute_-_lie_cheat__steal_tour.html

DJ

latest mixes:

Drum n Bass - Desimal Tribute mix
http://www.dnbnation.com/audio/mixes/i.n.i_-_desimal_tribute_mix.html

Dub / downtempo:
http://www.dnbnation.com/audio/mixes/i.n.i_-_psy/dub/ambient_mix_pt._2.html

I could go on but I don't feel like it right now lol :)
I can add more later

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Did you mix that DNB? I tried to play it but for some reason it would not come up for me... I love drum and bass and wish I could hear it :(

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rachel Zugg said:
Did you mix that DNB? I tried to play it but for some reason it would not come up for me... I love drum and bass and wish I could hear it :(

yeah I go by DJ I.N.I when I play.
You can click that link, then look for the download link, and right-click on it + hit "save as.." to save the mp3

That mix was made for my friend who took his own life this year. You may remember the thread. The mix is all his own material and is a tribute to him, most of which did not get a chance to be released yet.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I do remember that thread, the crazy thing is my friend who toojk his life last year is the one who turned me on to DNB..... Ill try to save it I waaannnaa listen.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woooord, but just a warning, Desimal's DNB is like no other. It's unclassifiable, so I am betting when you hear it, it will sound unlike anything you have heard before, but in a good way 8) This mix brings back lots of happy memories of him even though a lot of the tuneage is pretty dark, it's got amazing atmposphere + soul to it in a futuristic soundscape. Future funk at it's best.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
what type of events have you dj'd? everything I went to was in my wilder days and I had a BLAST, mostly underground parties and quite a few biggies in New Orleans.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've Dj'd at a couple events in NYC, it was a New Years 2005 party, and then I went to see DJ Spooky, Klute and several others at the after-party. I stayed for a week and played at another party in Brooklyn at that time,

I played at a party in Rochester once, and also in Philly - the Armada Recordings record release party @ Subcode in Philadelphia.

That's it for stateside parties. The rest of my gigs were in Montreal, and Toronto area. Mostly around Toronto, which is where I have lived the past 10 years. I've also played gigs in London, Ontario (canada) which is close to where I live now. London parties are duuuuurty though. Too many candy kids who can't even hold a conversation. Hate that, never got into that. I go to parties first and foremost for the music, but I still like to have a good time

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Yeah the kandi kiddz are a little out there. my cousin was one, she would get lost if i didn't keep up with her. the music was/is always first with me, parties is where i met my hubby. that seems like a lifetime ago.... but it will always be in me, i get that feeling whenever i hear the bassline drop. 8)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. I think I'm going to throw that mix on now too, haven't listened to it in a while.

I can't believe I moved to my new place here over a week ago and haven't hooked up my sub-woofer yet!

450 watts of Velodyne POWER, 12" sub, and I am in my own house now without worry of too much travelling bass. This bass box needs to be hooked up NOW lol...

here's my unit, it's sexay:

Velodyne DPS-12 (12" Sub w/digital panel, analog rear controls)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
YEAH! That sounds kick a$$! Thanks for letting me listen to your mixx! That is one awesome set up you got there.

BTW: what does I.N.I stand for?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Very nice stuff!

I think I have been to the half-life site before, small world.

I like the mixes too. Do you make them on the computer?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cannon said:
Very nice stuff!

I think I have been to the half-life site before, small world.

I like the mixes too. Do you make them on the computer?

thanks!

I will use Traktor on pc as well as pioneer CDDJ-1000's

I had 10 crates of vinyl that I sold last year. Now I bring a book of cds to gigs when I play. I only play dubs though, all un-released material so I get tunes from producers that I know, and burn em to cd for a gig.

ps: I.N.I is sort of an amalgamation of meanings lol...

It started as a shortened form of " I and I "
But System.ini was also played with (system.ini file is an 'initialization' file on your pc which helps to startup system processes when your computer boots up)

I and I - Initialize

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
redbull said:
woooord, but just a warning, Desimal's DNB is like no other. It's unclassifiable, so I am betting when you hear it, it will sound unlike anything you have heard before, but in a good way 8) This mix brings back lots of happy memories of him even though a lot of the tuneage is pretty dark, it's got amazing atmposphere + soul to it in a futuristic soundscape. Future funk at it's best.
Desimal's DNB is like listening to the beginning of a tropical storm and then it turns into a full force Hurricane. It then reaches the eye of the storm only to become the other side which is engaging but calmer and longer. Eventually the storm is over and you are listening to the 360 degree view of the wreackage and death it caused. I thought of Katrina throughout the whole piece. The rise, the wait and the floods, and then the rescues. If someone was to do a montage of Katrina this is the piece that shoud be with it. Incredible

1 - 20 of 24 Posts