Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know. For the past few days...maybe 5...he has been having some troble with his ear. Its wierd...it gives him absolutly no problems until he starts barking. When he gets excited hell have a bark fit (as I call it) when he'll bark for a few minutes straight. When he does he starts shaking his head in between barks like his ear is bothering him...then he starts to keep his head cocked to the side while he is barking. He will continue to shake his head for about 5 minutes after his bark fit. Then it doesnt bother him until he starts barking again. I have looked at it and its not red at all. So it doesnt look like an ear infection. I am wondering if it might be somthing with his hearing. He bark reaches a very high decible and maybe its causing a ringing or something in his ear. I dont know I just think its strange. We are giving him a week and if it continues we will be taking him to the vet to have it checked out. Has anyone ever experienced this?????

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
Sounds like he has some ringing in his ears and when he barks it sets it off.
He could have some fluid built up in the eustatian tube. Probably needs
an anhistimine to relieve it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gazar said:
Sounds like he has some ringing in his ears and when he barks it sets it off.
He could have some fluid built up in the eustatian tube. Probably needs
an anhistimine to relieve it.
Thats what I was thinking...

His ear is not red or inflamed and is not bothering him at all. Just when he starts barking...he wil bark bark bark...shake his head, then bark bark bark...shake head. Then after a couple shakes he starts to tilt his head in favor of the ear. It just doesnt have the signs of a typical ear infection. I thought it might be a ringing that he gets when his bark reaches that peak... I know with my own hearing...certain decibles make my one ear vibrate deep in it...and it makes a paper crackling nose...This is sort of what I thought it might be. I will prolly take him in this weekend or monday and see what we can come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.