Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are the vets suggesting I wait until after Dixies next heat to spay her? Something to due with her "cycle" after giving birth??Dont understand this as we dont want her to have another cycle. But I dont know. Just wondering if they want to make sure she even will have another cycle...As she is duein May...Hmmmmmmmmmmm

anyone have any thoughts??

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hmmm...that really doesn't make much sence to me, but then again, im not a vet! I do know that if your dog would require a c-section - you can opt to spay at the same time - which would mean that there would not be a chance for a next cycle. But otherwise, I really have no idea.
Maybe get a second opinion? Or maybe just call around to different vets in your area to see what they say?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Hmmm... Never heard anything like that, but with rescue, it's always just get them spayed and ready for adoption. I would send a PM to Lisa and Miakoda (our resident breeder and vet tech) and see what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't know why they would say that. Her chances of contracting many different kinds of cancers increase with each & every heat cycle so I would definitely get her on the books to have it done soon. Plus, it won't be long until she comes into heat again. Kudos to you for getting her spayed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts