Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here know anything about female cat health?

primarily the female portion of it? :oops:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oooh I want to hear about this. I have a girl kitty that is still not fixed. I wonder if that is what makes her smell funny? Im hoping that goes away when we finally get her fixed. Plus, the going into heat every 3 weeks or so is driving us all nuts.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope this is appropriate to talk about???

yes, female cats in heat are terrorizing!!!

my issue is a little more sensitive, but since you have a female cat maybe you can help me out.

i got mine about 4 years ago, she was a stray.... she was already spayed from what we could tell and she's never shown any signs of heat.

okay, heres the gross part.... i've never seen a female cats pee hole, until yesterday. and let me just say, it didn't look right. it looked very red and it was contracting :scratch:

why i was looking: my cat likes to get in the shower and drink the water. no problem but for a long haired cat it can become bothersome. she got in her litterbox right after so all the litter is sticking to her fur, right? (and litter is everywhere from her shaking her paws) i pick her up to evaluate the solution... do i cut the hair or throw her to the tub.... and that's when i saw her pee hole....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
:laughing5: Sorry, but your story just sounds hilarious..

Are you sure she was done going to the restroom? Have you checked her today? I have a female cat, she's spayed though. I've never seen her pee hole though.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JennKBM said:
:laughing5: Sorry, but your story just sounds hilarious..

Are you sure she was done going to the restroom? Have you checked her today? I have a female cat, she's spayed though. I've never seen her pee hole though.
edit: so do me a favor and go look!

it's okay, i laughed too but then got grossed out!

i'm almost positive she was done going. i did a quick check on her this am, i left her in the bathroom all night... i didn't want litter all over my bed. anyway, i had to cut most of it out, so i peeked and it still looked weird. i was half asleep this morning so i don't remember if it was contracting.... but she too was asleep until i opened the door.

another weird thing is the amount of litter she dispensed, it's all over! i mean, half of the box must be empty, it's stuck to the walls :shock: i don't know what the heck is going on :?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm confused, lol...

So she was wet and the litter stuck to her? Litter is disgusting, especially when it's wet. :x

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I have female cats and I had one that always went into the sink and TRIED to pee. I never checked her private area but I knew she was having problems going. IS your cat peeing or just trying to go. When the go and then stop they contract that area to get the drips off. Maybe your cat is having some kind of UTI and if so she needs to go to the vet and get onto antibioctics. Good luck and let meknow whats up.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JennKBM said:
I'm confused, lol...

So she was wet and the litter stuck to her? Litter is disgusting, especially when it's wet. :x
yes, she likes getting into the shower to drink the water :pukeright:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you

thanks!!

gross, but i checked the cat out again the best i could....kinda hard when she's trying to get away.... but it still seemed a little strange..... it looked a bit red, if i don't notice a change i will take her to the vet...

i'll be right back, i'm going to check out that site!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i didn't get to tell you all this yesterday, but the cat peed on my bed :x wt???

i'm so taking her to the vet this weekend... she won't let me check her pee hole, so i don't know if it's still icky looking....

but i can't believe she peed on the bed!!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I had my cat a few years before we spayed her, and that is what our cat's "thing" looked like when she was in heat. They don't bleed like dogs do. Has she been squalling or meowing any more than usual? Or has she been sticking her butt in the air, especially around other animals, like trying to get them to "play or sniff" her? These are both signs of them being in heat... If not, it could be a UTI...cats are very prone to getting them.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, no butt up in the air or meowing.... i really don't think it's a heat... leaning more towards a UTI...

and Fam of 5, yes.... mental note, cat urine ranks to high heaven!! but on the flip side of that, so does doggy diahrrea..... had to clean that up this am before work, from the big dog (AB)....

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Cats with a UTI will often urinate somewhere other than their littrerbox...they begin to associate the litterbox with pain, so they go somewhere else. Definitely get her checked out by a vet...I had a male cat with a UTI and every other day it seemed he would be fine...then a couple days later, he wasn't acting well again...back and forth like that...i started thinking it was something he was getting into...maybe the trash or something. Anyway...finally took him to the vet after a couple weeks of this back and forth thing...he had not only a MAJOR UTI, but also a urinary tract blockage...let's just say it wasn't cheap to fix :shock: :shock: :shock: If I had brought him in when he firststarted showing signs, it would've been less than $20 for his antibiotics, and we would've been on our way. Ugh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts