Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I split the thread so that the breeding discussion can be here, and the undershot/underbite/wry jaw discussion can stay in the other thread. Carry on.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yes I am.
And so it begins. I have to ask how is it that you come to post a question regarding the conformation and related possible health issues in relation to that conformation? Are you not familar with the breed standard of the breed in which you breed?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And so it begins. I have to ask how is it that you come to post a question regarding the conformation and related possible health issues in relation to that conformation? Are you not familar with the breed standard of the breed in which you breed?
Well they sure are familiar with cuteness!!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good bye? You can't do that. We are giving you the chance to defend yourself. You are a breeder and I'm sure you have a reason for why you do what you do, what is it then? Bettering the breed? Bringing about a new breed? Whats the deal. We are all ears.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Never mind. Good bye.
I don't think this is anything to quit over. You put it out there that you breed, so aren't my questions worth answering? If my questions are too hard, how are you going to handle the prospective puppy buyers and their questions? Shouldn't one expect that a breeder be reasonably familar with the breed standard of the breed they breed?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Awww.
Oddly enough I feel like my dog does when I take a half dead animal from him. Like really, you are taking my plaything?

·
Registered
957 Posts
So tho really how do they make it mini? I guess it's a designer kind? That's not really a breed is it? Just a line of English?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
By selectively breeding the smallest dogs together.
Also, inbreeding tends to reduce size...though I highly doubt Pukable Minis knows that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never mind. Good bye.
I don't know why? Cut my hair off and tie me in the town square naked, I'm still going to continue to argue the reasoning for the love I have for this breed and their preservation... I would think you would feel that passionate about the breed you adore enough to breed.
I was biting my tongue 'till I cooled down enough to post b/c I wanted to give you a chance to learn from what everyone had to say before you became too P/Oed to hear it. I would have asked Why you call them minis first? You may not have anything to defend on that end, "mini" females are usually boasted as "only weighing 35-40# full grown". Well that in itself is not an issue. A bitch ideally weighs about 40# by that breed standard you don't know.... That doesn't make them "minis" or even in itself substandard at all. And holy crap, you should know the breed standard but if I suggest it nicely maybe you will research it? Probably not, what health tests do you do with your dogs?
If I attack you then you learn nothing and go on hurting this awesome breed and giving them the health issue reputation that is plaguing them now. And continue to breed puppies that will grow up miserable themselves and break the hearts of their family when they die prematurely or the vet bills get sky high.
So I won't name call or finger point if you do come back to discuss this. :-#

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.