Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the vet has taken x rays. There are 5, possibly 6 puppies in this photo. Can you find them?? Because I can only maybe see one or two. She says look for skulls and spines!

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's kind of dark on my screen but it looks like 4 maybe 5, hard to tell on my end. Did your vet send you home with a CD/DVD of the digitized xrays or did he email them? Aint technology cool 8)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, all digital, all on disk!

I started for hours, and I do see one. I can actually see its face, turned sideways, mouth open, neck, spine, ribs......like an alien! It is looking up at that "thing" I'm assuming is like th e heart or something.

I see a few spinal cords. Glad its 5 or 6 and not 10!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
LOL...........I havent a clue as to what you are all seeing.I dont see a thing but i have no experience with breeding or what to look for,good thing huh.Maybe someone could tell me how you are seeing puppies here and what to look for in this picture. :oops:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I have tried to label: I found one

I have tried to place each label next to each object I am labeling. You have got to have a clear screen to see it, but it is sooo cute once you do. Let me know if you can find it now.[/img]

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I changed the setting on my computer screen and I can see what you are talking about but if you didnt point it out I would of never found a thing...........LOL
Very cute.When is she due? I bet you are excited to see them pups.Cant wait to see pictures of them when they are born.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I told myself and told myself not to post on this thread... but LMAO I just can't resist! Please tell me that you really truely don't think you see TEETH in the "puppy with open mouth"!! :-s

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JennKBM said:
I told myself and told myself not to post on this thread... but LMAO I just can't resist! Please tell me that you really truely don't think you see TEETH in the "puppy with open mouth"!! :-s

The teeth are already calcifying. When a puppy or child is born w/out teeth, the teeth are there, but have not erupted yet.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I do see the teeth and the head. Really looks like an alien. So cool! I only see the one that you labeled though. It was hard to see that one. Belle goes tomorrow for an x-ray. I hope I can see her pups too!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
angela doran said:
I do see the teeth and the head. Really looks like an alien. So cool! I only see the one that you labeled though. It was hard to see that one. Belle goes tomorrow for an x-ray. I hope I can see her pups too!
Maybe, if I were you, I'd wait till next week. You could see them better if I waited just one more week. They weren't mineralized enough yet, and why waste the $$ when next week, you can tell much better how many and such!?

Now I got to go back next week to get another one, so I know for sure how many there are. Your baby is almost the same as mine, right? Due date wise?? Today is day # 49.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Not to put you on the defense, because I'm sure that's how you will take it. So I may as well apologize now. Sorry, but WHY would anyone want to expose puppies to unnecessary radiation? That just makes me so sad for them. Can't you just wait until Nature says it's time, and see how many you get? X-rays are not needed. Dogs have been doing this for years without intervention. Unless you're anxious to see how much money you're going to make, there is absolutely no reason to X-ray anything. People wonder how their "champion bloodlines" could produce a pup with defects. Well, gee... ever look into the effects of RADIATION? There's a reason why they don't X-ray pregnant humans. Did you think it would be any different for animals? If your vet said it's safe, they're thinking of their wallet, and not your puppies. Amazing what the selfish drive for money will make people do.

*stepping off my soapbox* I do pray you have a healthy litter of puppies that all find great homes. Sorry if I sound rude. I just love puppies, that's all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well how would you know if the dog will need a c-section? In Am. bulldog breeds in particular, they are known to have problems with delivery.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Okay, you tell me how anyone would know if she would need a C-section when the puppies are barely visible on Xray. That's asanine. If the bitch was having problems during delivery, you'd get assistance from a vet. As I said, every creature on Earth has been giving birth unassisted for centuries. I just think it's an unnecessary risk. That's my opinion, and anyone can feel free to disagree. I wasn't trying to sound rude, just concerned. If she REALLY wanted to see if Dixie would need a C-section, she would wait closer to delivery, then ask for an ultrasound. No radiation is used in ultrasound.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts