Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!

i finally found a place to hang/put up a springpole.... what all do i need?

it will hang from the second story overhang balcony....

any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Chain from hanging spot to garage door spring connected by clip. then tie a rope from spring down to height you want and connect to toy, rag, tug rope you want. Remember to set spring high enough so your dog cannot jump and reach it when he jumps to bite, and low enough so the dog can keep hind legs in contact with the floor.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
attitude said:
snarky said:
probably a stupid question, but where do i get a garage door spring?

the Home Depot?
yup, home depot. get the heaviest one they carry
thanks, and i guess i can get the rope there too huh? as you see, i don't shop for tools, etc much :lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
do the dew said:
For the rope I would go to a marine place like Boat USA. Better choices of rope than HD.
Polyester Rope is UV proof according to the chart on the back of most bagged pre-cut rope like at Walmart, HD, Lowes, etc, if you plan to leave it outside; Polypropelene and nylon are not, but will last a long time and have a little stretchability.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My parents have an assumption that a spring pole can lead to bad behavior and aggressive tendencies and other non sense. Does this have any validity becuase I would like to build one once I get the fence in yard.

·
Registered
623 Posts
slid3r said:
My parents have an assumption that a spring pole can lead to bad behavior and aggressive tendencies and other non sense. Does this have any validity becuase I would like to build one once I get the fence in yard.
I thought this to be true, but it's not. My dogs both love it. It's almost the same as playing tug of war with your dogs. I took my Maxi to a trainer and she recommended I get one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
This is how I made my springpole from leftover wood because we got a new deck. But remember you have too dig the hole pretty deep so your dog doesn't rip it out of the ground like my male did :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AWESOME! thanks!

so it looks fairly simple, rope around branch, tie to spring, tie rope to other end of spring.... and have at it

thanks everyone!!
and thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hee hee hee

are you teaching him how to bite the rope in that one picture :lol:

thanks for the photos, that really helps out a lot!!! i think Baylee will flip out once i get it put together, man does she love to tug!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.