Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two dogs Dempsey an english staffordshire and lilly a 1/2 english bull and 1/2 american bull .
If they were to breed would the puppies be oeb
is there anyone with a bulldog mix of this type that can post a pic

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
No. You'd end up with mutts. And "English Staffordshire"....is that a Staffordshire Bull Terrier? And no offense, but the half EB & half AB is already considered a mutt.

HOWEVER, I'm sure your dogs are awesome dogs & you love them very much & that is what matters.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Miakoda said:
And no offense, but the half EB & half AB is already considered a mutt.
Actually it is considered a cross breed...dont even mention breeding them on this forum or you better have sunblock SPF 2000 on because you will flamed on big time

As if anyone has a 100% american bulldog (No such thing) Painter and scott often mixed pitbull into their lines and JDJ was thought to have mixed ST. Bernard into his line along time ago to increase size!

What you would end up with though is a big bulldog with unknown health, temperment and disposition, but definatly not an OEB!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how it would be big considering that the english staffordshire is only 30 lbs and the bulldog is 45lbs
I thought Levett OEB was 1/3 pit 1/3 english bull and 1/3 american bull
I guess DAVE LEVITT was a bastardd breeder too
I guess SWinford BANdog was too
and I'm More concerned with the 40,000,000 aborted babies in the US over the last 20 years than some clowns bitching about dog overpopulation.

·
Registered
515 Posts
credit said:
I don't see how it would be big considering that the english staffordshire is only 30 lbs and the bulldog is 45lbs
I thought Levett OEB was 1/3 pit 1/3 english bull and 1/3 american bull
I guess DAVE LEVITT was a bastardd breeder too
I guess SWinford BANdog was too
and I'm More concerned with the 40,000,000 aborted babies in the US over the last 20 years than some clowns bitching about dog overpopulation.
Aren't there other breeds that are more popular though? Couldn't you make more money of of Bichon Frise? Or are you just trying to work with what you have? I used to make pretty good money off of feeder mice.

Welcome to the board and if you need any info on breeding feeder mice, I'm your man.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Miakoda said:
Actually it is considered a cross breed...dont even mention breeding them on this forum or you better have sunblock SPF 2000 on because you will flamed on big time

As if anyone has a 100% american bulldog (No such thing) Painter and scott often mixed pitbull into their lines and JDJ was thought to have mixed ST. Bernard into his line along time ago to increase size!

What you would end up with though is a big bulldog with unknown health, temperment and disposition, but definatly not an OEB!
I second this post.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rooney I don't need the Money I'm part of the Right wing consiracy
now go play with your mice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
credit said:
Rooney I don't need the Money I'm part of the Right wing consiracy
now go play with your mice.
I offered.........
and what do I get for it? A VERY intelligent quip. Remind me never to play scrabble with you!

What is the world coming too? Offer FREE financial advice and get turned down.

·
Registered
181 Posts
credit said:
I'm unclear - do you think that concern about dog overpopulation somehow excludes concern about other issues? Either way, I'm sure there are more appropriate forums on the internet to discuss health care - go play there.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
credit said:
I'm More concerned with the 40,000,000 aborted babies in the US over the last 20 years than some clowns bitching about dog overpopulation.
See, that's where you are wrong. Sure, pet overpopulation is a big issue, but the majority of the people here are conserned with the future of ALL the bully breeds. With the stigmata surrounding the bully breeds these days, it would be foolish and irresponsible for the people who help fight for these dogs, to stand behind someone with BYB asperations (sp?). Doesn't matter WHAT you think your dogs pups would be... they would still be cross breeds. The breeders who are known for having created the OEB spent years and years - not to mention thousands of $$$ to come up with the OEBs you see today. And not knowing 5000% what breeds are in your dogs lines, you never know what you may end up with.

Amocat00 said:
ambull040769 said:
Miakoda said:

I second this post.
I third.

Sound like the OP has their mind made up already, and thought they would come here looking for someone to pat them on the back and say, "Nice job! Way to go!" :roll:

So, inquiring minds want to know... What makes your dogs worthy of being bred? Other then having the right parts?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
bigut64 said:
read the forum rules, no personal attacks, and for people taking them, be the grown up in the situation
Who was "attacking"??? The only one making snide comments is the OP.
The rest are saying nothing more than what has already been said before in other threads.

Cookies Mom said:
credit said:
the same thing that Allowed your parents to breed and make you .
you mean that there is a couple of bottles of wine involved? :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Credit--This could possibly be a foundation start of an OEB. These are three of the breeds that are in the make up of an OEB, but you have to do it right. I don't think any registry would register them though. I'm sorry, but you can't just throw a couple dogs together and call it an OEB. It took alot of time, hard work, and money to get the breed that we have today. In my opinion this is why there are still so many controversies regarding the OEB. People are still trying to use foundation stock instead of buying two good dogs from proven lines. The breed needs to move forward, which means that people need to start using generational dogs to breed with. Everytime someone wants to start with mixed breeds and throw a label on them the breed moves backwards. There are plenty of generational OEB's out there to work with if you want to get into breeding them.

Please, Please don't breed the dogs you have...Keep them as your pets.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Credit~Why be so mean in your replies??
Im sorry you have not gotten the response that you wanted, or maybe even expected, but really, more "experienced" dog owners, who happen to be rather serious and passionate about their breeds have discouraged a breeding of several different breeds that you have going there, their plea is of "responsibility", and you have placed a huge chip on your shoulder.

I suggest you take the time to learn more about the breed mix that you currently have. Learn everything you can about it. Then learn everything you can about breeding in general. I dont mean an hour and a half on some forum on the internet, I mean a long, long time. Gather people opinions, both good and bad, weigh them.
Listen to good successful stories, and for each one of them, the millions of horror stories.

Bottem line, you suggested a "MIX BREEDING", no matter where you stand in this world, a MIX BRED dog is a mutt. Love mutts, really do, they are great, but there are too many, and that is what you will have!(I promise)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts