Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are cooked steak bones okay to give Kate? I know chicken bones are a no no but what about steak ones? I have them in the freezer right now and they all have a little bit of meat left on them

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Heeey! I was just thinking about you today, wondering how you are? How's your Grandpa doing?

I wouldn't give her cooked bones, they can splinter.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kasco said:
Heeey! I was just thinking about you today, wondering how you are? How's your Grandpa doing?
Grandpa is doing okay I think. As good as he can be, which is good. This week will be his first time being up at camp alone, really his first time being alone at all except for 2 nights in Rochester. So hopefully he will be okay and can stay there for a while since that is his home home versus coming and living in Rochester for the rest of the year. Thank you very much for asking

And thanx for the steak bone reply. I figured but I took them anyways cause the people I was eating with made me feel stupid about never giving her bones before. I'll just throw them away and if they ask, Kate loved them :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Everyone says that chicken bones are bad for your dog....But i was talking to a guy who feeds his dogs on nothing but raw chicken on bones and raw meat on bones....
He said to me that everyone has a different answer to this theory...( i said even yours is different ) lool
Then i asked about feeding him cooked bones and he said there not a problem at all...He said roasted bones are good ....Told me to roast some chicken legs and feed them to footz at 1st.... i was well scared about doing it ..but i tried it ..Footz loved the bones..Now i just give him the bones raw as part of a evening meal...I make sure i watch him eat them so he chews the bones properly or i will take them away from him so he knows that his gotta chew them

But footz is on antibiotics at the moment because of him scratching away at the door when i leave him ...His caused his feet to bleeding and the nails are very sore.....But i noticed his not eating properly...he won't eat from his bowl...he will only eat from my hand...little bits....
Any ideas on what to feed him?

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Srry Kate but im no help here but I am gonna hop in on your post real quick...

Mason is 7 months now so what kind of bones can I give him.. I heard people mention marrow bones from the butcher but never have done this so any tips or what exactly would I do...thanks again

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
There are no different theories arguing if cooked bones are ok or not. All cooked bones can splinter and easily kill or do major damage to your dog. My dogs eat beef, chicken, and fish bones. All raw all the time.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
kogeki said:
There are no different theories arguing if cooked bones are ok or not. All cooked bones can splinter and easily kill or do major damage to your dog. My dogs eat beef, chicken, and fish bones. All raw all the time.

Good to see you post. We have missed you and pics of Loki and Gunnar.
Just viewed them from your Flickr page and they look great. Say hi to Sam.
:wave:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
gazar said:
kogeki said:

Hey there!

Yeah, we've had alot going on lately. Including moving from PA to Tennessee. It is wonderful here. I'll post later with pics of the pups playing in their new yard. They never had one before so they are loving it. I'm sure Sam will be on here soon also

:D

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
kogeki said:
gazar said:
kogeki said:

Hey there!

Yeah, we've had alot going on lately. Including moving from PA to Tennessee. It is wonderful here. I'll post later with pics of the pups playing in their new yard. They never had one before so they are loving it. I'm sure Sam will be on here soon also

Wow - you have moved to Tennessee. I thought you two were California bound. If you have a yard you must have a house. Terrific!! \:D/ You will have to fill us in on the move and what brought you to Tennessee. Congratulations and looking forward to pictures. :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
kogeki said:
gazar said:
kogeki said:

Hey there!

Welcome back Kogeki, I was wondering what happened to you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts