Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Stepping my feet

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  classbully 
#1 ·
Ok this is a weird question but has anyone had to train there dog not to step on there feet? Tora is constantly stepping on my bare feet and it hurts like helk but I don't know how to make her aware of it. I realize that I could yell Ouch but I don't know that she would realize why I am yelling. I don't want her to think that I am yelling ouch becuase she is near me. I realize that this is a weird question but I don't know how I would about making her aware of what is hurting me bc by the time I go to move her feet she has moved....So I think that she thinks she hurting me by being next to me which is not what I want, at all. :oops:

#5 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
valleygrls98 said:
I don't know if this helps at all but we have taught our dogs the command back up. you could use it when she is right under foot etc ....
Yes, I have a similar command. It's called MOVE GODDA**IT!

LOL Paula
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
I know I don't know what I am going to do about it!! Cuase i thought "Back up" would work but i have taught her move it isn't that she won't move it is pain when she steps on me peroid :lol: I just that is why I call her "Big Fatty" (she isn't fat she is just my little beast)

#8 ·
angie7349 said:
I realize that I could yell Ouch but I don't know that she would realize why I am yelling. I don't want her to think that I am yelling ouch becuase she is near me.
It feels different on her feet when she is stepping on your feet also, so if you say ouch while she is on your foot, but you say nothing when she is not, she will get the connection between the two

#10 ·
now that i think of it, we have been saying "ow" a lot when we play with her, my husband gets rough with her sometimes and she bites but doesnt bite down. since we have done that, she stops immediately. now that we have the new pup that nips, i say ow and Sally runs over to see whats the matter. i guess ow might work for stepping on my feet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.