Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: THIS PAST JANUARY, I LOST THE BEST FRIEND I'VE EVER HAD TO A SPEEDING CAR. TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE, I HAD TO SEE THIS HAPPEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY OWN EYES. HER NAME WAS **STARR** & SHE WAS 2&1/2 YEARS OLD, I'D GOTTEN HER WHEN SHE WAS ONLY 6 WEEKS OLD!! SINCE THEN, I'VE GOTTEN A NEW PUP, HER NAME IS *VENUS*, & SHE'S NOW 6 MONTHS OLD!! I'VE GROWN TO LOVE VENUS, BUT SHE (OR NO OTHER PET, FOR THAT MATTER) COULD NEVER, EVER REPLACE STARR. EVEN THOUGH SHE PASSED AWAY IN JANUARY, I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP REPLAYING WHAT HAPPENED OVER & OVER IN MY HEAD. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE, WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT, ETC. SO THAT I CAN SOMEHOW GET CLOSURE???????? :cry:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
RIP Starr........... that is sad. I too lost my bully to a speeding car. Nothing feels worse than thinking I could have prevented this horrible accident. :cry: All I can say is that time heals and she is at Rainbow Bridge where nothing can hurt her ever again and she will be waiting for you on that day you are reunited.....

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It just takes time to heal. It helps to talk with people who understand what you're going through and how you feel, so you've come to the right place. Starr held a special place in your heart, and Venus will find her own place, too.

·
Super Moderator
16,003 Posts
To be honest, watching your own beloved pet die in that manner is very traumatic and I am not sure that you will ever be able to wipe that image away from your mind. To me when we have a bad image in our mind we need to put something better over it so that we cannot see it but instead see the good image. Try to find a picture of Starr that really brings back good memories and study that picture until you have it totally memorized. Then whenever thoughts of Starr come into your mind put the image of that picture in your mind not the one of her death. If Starr were here and could talk, she would let you know that she does not want you to focus on her death but on her life with you. So focus on all the loving memories and the laughter she brought into your life. Do this to honor her.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't know if there will ever be words that will help you get over the pain, but there is this sweet little poem I like, that reminds you to celebrate her life....

Request From Rainbow Bridge

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

"In Loving Memory of Isolde Jenkins"
"Copyright 1992 Constance Jenkins, All Rights Reserved"

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. :cry: (((hugs)))

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
gazar said:
To be honest, watching your own beloved pet die in that manner is very traumatic and I am not sure that you will ever be able to wipe that image away from your mind. To me when we have a bad image in our mind we need to put something better over it so that we cannot see it but instead see the good image. Try to find a picture of Starr that really brings back good memories and study that picture until you have it totally memorized. Then whenever thoughts of Starr come into your mind put the image of that picture in your mind not the one of her death. If Starr were here and could talk, she would let you know that she does not want you to focus on her death but on her life with you. So focus on all the loving memories and the laughter she brought into your life. Do this to honor her.
How do you always know just what to say, you must be an angel!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts