Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my first time on owning a English bulldog. I have always wanted one. Well wondering if you guys can help me out. My 4month old baby bullie has been sleeping alot and not wanting to play. He eats and drinks ok. But found that his stool is now runny and has blood in it. What you guys think it is and has anyone experience with this wtih your baby bullie. I feed him Euk and does seems to be eating normal. He has already had his 3 vaccine from the breeder. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Nino

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
When Koa (the blue one in my signature) was a puppy, he had that for a week or two. Nothing ever came of it, it just went away on its own. He did have worms, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. Just have your vet check out your pup, and hopefully it passes soon. Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe a simple parasite. Both of my pups had this even after extensive working, we needed antibiotics for a week to clear it up. Ask your vet to check the pups stool and see if theres a parasite cuasing the problem.

Is it more in the morning stools, and mostly at the end of the stools, also infrequent.

Worms also cause this so make sure the pups well wormed by the vet!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would bring in a stool sample to the vet. I have heard that
blood in the stools is only really bad when it is a dark tar like
color. If it is red and fresh then it isn't as serious. Still, you
should take a sample in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok theirs some sort of parasite in him that starts with a COcidle something. The viet gave him some medication and put him on diet food for a week. I will be doing a recheck tomorrow (monday). Now his stool has no more blood in it but still having diaharra. I will find out somemore tomorrow. He hated the diet food and cant resist but gave him some EUK cause he suppose to only get a 1/4 of the can per serving. Thanks of the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
Glad he is doing better. There is a sticky thread in the Health section on food.
It gives the foods that are nutritious and those that are not. Eukanuba falls into
those that are not. Just thought I would let you know since your pup will need
a little building back up from the parasites.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very common parasite dont worry hell be right as rain in a few weeks. Probably the medicationas probably are for one week. His poop might be a little soft for another week or two while his body readjusts to clean life and then he should poop healthy again.

The runs he has just now are probably as much due to the change to diet food as anything else.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Bleach your yard. And make sure that you are picking up/cleaning up his stools, even outside, as your dog can reinfest himself by getting it on his feet then cleaning himself later on. Coccidia can be pure hell in treating sometimes if preventative measures aren't begun as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.